Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What is DSP LLE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've heard about DSP LLE, but I couldn't seem to find a thread or wiki article explaining what it is. Is it like DSP HLE, but just more accurate to hardware? Or is it supposed to add Dolby Digital support for surround sound speaker systems?
HLE emulates the behavior at the software level, LLE emulates the behavior at the hardware level (the GC/Wii has a DSP, digital signal processor, responsible for processing audio commands).

LLE is more accurate but slower.

Most games use the standard audio ucodes (I forget the name for it) and will work fine with HLE. But some games use some funky ucodes that can only be emulated properly with LLE. These games often have sounds/music that either don't play at all, play at the wrong volume, or cut out after awhile since they don't loop properly. Remember accurate = less bugs/problems

If someone could find the post where I elaborated the hell out of this that would be very helpful.
(04-10-2011, 02:58 AM)MechWarrior001 Wrote: [ -> ]Or is it supposed to add Dolby Digital support for surround sound speaker systems?

Surround works via LLE (if you have hardware that can use it). It was
tested with Mario Kart Double Dash, but should work with all.
Dolby Prologic should work with either HLE or LLE.
HLE usually lacks signal information.
Sometimes HLE does not even work in stereo let alone surround:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=3505

HulaHula

LLE doesn't seem to work on Mac, or does it? Every time I try it with the latest revision (r7442) Dolphin doesn't start any games, just keeps displaying a gray screen. Any ideas?
take it up with Soren, breaking the mac builds is his job.
(04-11-2011, 08:43 PM)HulaHula Wrote: [ -> ]LLE doesn't seem to work on Mac, or does it? Every time I try it with the latest revision (r7442) Dolphin doesn't start any games, just keeps displaying a gray screen. Any ideas?

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=4378