Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Controls in r4701
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm trying to set the controls for emulated Wiimote in r4701 (using a gamepad) so it'll be that way:
1. Moving analog pad left (X- Axis) = Tilting left
2. Moving analog pad right (X+ Axis) = Tilting right
3. Pushing a set button, or either the Y- or Y+ axis = the output that happens by moving the analog Y+ axis in this picture:
[Image: set2.png]

In those settings, when I push the analog back (Y+), I get number 3, but I can't get number 1 or 2. If I untick that ticked "Swing" in the upper-right corner, then I get 1 and 2, but I can't get 3.

Anyone knows a solution?
(04-10-2011, 12:52 AM)Schwimmer Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'm trying to set the controls for emulated Wiimote in r4701 (using a gamepad) so it'll be that way:
1. Moving analog pad left (X- Axis) = Tilting left
2. Moving analog pad right (X+ Axis) = Tilting right
3. Pushing a set button, or either the Y- or Y+ axis = the output that happens by moving the analog Y+ axis in this picture:
[Image: set2.png]

In those settings, when I push the analog back (Y+), I get number 3, but I can't get number 1 or 2. If I untick that ticked "Swing" in the upper-right corner, then I get 1 and 2, but I can't get 3.

Anyone knows a solution?

why don't try another revision? more recent...
Because number 3 doesn't work in any other revision. I opened 2 threads already asking how to do what number 3 does on a new revision and no one knew a solution :S
(04-10-2011, 02:02 AM)Schwimmer Wrote: [ -> ]Because number 3 doesn't work in any other revision. I opened 2 threads already asking how to do what number 3 does on a new revision and no one knew a solution :S

what'bout older ones? it worked?
(04-10-2011, 06:49 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2011, 02:02 AM)Schwimmer Wrote: [ -> ]Because number 3 doesn't work in any other revision. I opened 2 threads already asking how to do what number 3 does on a new revision and no one knew a solution :S

what'bout older ones? it worked?
Err probably. When I said "any other" I actually meant "any newer", mistake in my wording. The point is, I play all other game on r7430+, but I don't know what was the last revision this feature worked on. It doesn't now anyway.
so gonna have to try all the versions... good luck Wink
(04-10-2011, 06:43 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]so gonna have to try all the versions... good luck Wink
...The control scheme was only changed once between this and the new one. I'm not gonna try each SVN because it's pointless and the control scheme won't be magically fixed and easy to use, it's either easy to use or it works with this game, so I'm waiting for someone who knew r4701's control scheme to post in this thread.

I appreciate the fact that you're trying to help, but if you don't know how to then just pass this thread...I know there are many random questions that were solved a hundred times already and newcomers can help other newcomers with them, but that's not exactly the case here.
(04-10-2011, 09:19 PM)Schwimmer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2011, 06:43 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]so gonna have to try all the versions... good luck Wink
...The control scheme was only changed once between this and the new one. I'm not gonna try each SVN because it's pointless and the control scheme won't be magically fixed and easy to use, it's either easy to use or it works with this game, so I'm waiting for someone who knew r4701's control scheme to post in this thread.

I appreciate the fact that you're trying to help, but if you don't know how to then just pass this thread...I know there are many random questions that were solved a hundred times already and newcomers can help other newcomers with them, but that's not exactly the case here.

mmm was joking of course... people are too serious Sad
So anyways...anyone knows how am I supposed to use Tilt left/right on analog left/right directions and the third command on any other button? Either on r4701, or the latest build, I don't care. I just want to get it to work right (and in r4701's case, to get it to work simultaneously with the other commands)...
Bump: I tried this on a real Wii&Wiimote.

You generally hold the Wiimote sideways in this game, where the buttons of the Wiimote are faced in front of you. When you want the character to move backwards, you face the buttons of the Wiimote towards the floor (aka tilting down I suppose).

In the emulator, Tilting down and backwards doesn't work. Shaking Z axis works but the character stops after each step.