Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: One emulator per game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Heikishi

Hello, maybe someone already thought about, but I didn't find any thread about.

I just wonder why not to create a good optimized emulator for each game? (not every games but most populars?) Maybe this may optimize more and avoid problems about compatibilities/issues.

This is just an idea like a suggestion Tongue

Thanks for answers
This has been talked about before, I personally like the idea but the developers would never go for it. Besides all the extra work involved, the idea is to make one complete emulator that does everything.

I would like to see how well some games would run if the code was designed just for one game, that way all of the extra stuff that other games need to run would not be there getting in the way. Having a game running with only code that the game needs might speed things up slightly, but I do not think it will ever be done by the "official" developers. I guess anyone could do this if they wanted since the project is open.
Worst idea.
(04-10-2011, 01:49 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Worst idea.
+1

I think that good idea. But not full emul for one game, maybe spec revisions of emul with max optimization for one game.
(04-10-2011, 12:26 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Having a game running with only code that the game needs might speed things up slightly
No. Seriously, no...

Unless you implement some VERY game specific hacks which modify the game's code or sth, or if you effectively reprogram the game for x86... The latter one is insane anyway, and the former one could be done just as well now...
So you would like to use millions and millions of Emus, just to see your Game running a bit smoother? I wouldn't use such an Emulator due the Space waste and stick with one which i don't need to think: "is this the right one?".
(04-10-2011, 02:06 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2011, 12:26 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Having a game running with only code that the game needs might speed things up slightly
No. Seriously, no...

Unless you implement some VERY game specific hacks which modify the game's code or sth, or if you effectively reprogram the game for x86... The latter one is insane anyway, and the former one could be done just as well now...

You just said no, meaning it wouldn't speed anything up, and then you just listed two ways that it could be done. :p

Anyway, this is pointless since it will never be done.

Yeah, you sure do seem to understand the meaning of the word "unless" ... [/anti-sarcasm]
My car does not work and there is no way to drive it, "unless" I start the engine. Like that? Point being, there is no reason to say that it couldn't be done when you already knew that it could. Otherwise you're just contradicting yourself.
Pages: 1 2