Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using Windows XP and still have this error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Windows XP x64 bit and I downloaded the Dolphin-win-x64-r7442.7z from the main site, and I extracted it, ran it, and I got an error:

Dolphin.exe Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ReleaseSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

I don't understand why I'm getting this error. I shouldn't, because I'm not using a Windows OS below XP. I've done all the updates I can, so I doubt it has to do with me having the wrong service pack. Is it because I'm using the 64 bit version of Windows XP? If that's the case I'll change over to Linux or install Windows Vista\7 on this computer. I thought I'd ask before I try something like that. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Use the x86 build with JITIL or upgrade to Windows Vista/7 x64 to use the x64 build. The x64 build is not compatible with Server 2003 x64 (XP x64) due to technical reasons, at least not without a modification. You can try asking someone to compile a build for you with the USESRWLOCKS define disabled.
Dolphin x64 builds will no longer work on Windows XP x64 unless compiled specially.

You have a few options:
- Use the x86 (32bit) builds.
- Compile Dolphin with "USE_SRWLOCKS" and "USE_CONDITION_VARIABLES" disabled.
- Use Windows Vista/7.
Ah that sucks, oh well, at least it works now, thanks.