Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote Sensivity problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been playing wii on my computer since a while and I've never realized how bad was the feeling of my wiimote before I played on my friend real wii.

Here is what I've tried:

First with a real wii sensor bar, with "modded" voltage (with bad calculation, burned the leds after a while)
I've tried to play far from the screen, I've tried different setting from dolphin, I've tried different setting in zelda (I'm currently playing this game), I've tried to play close to the screen, but the sensivity is so high, I move about 5° or less and I've moved the whole screen.

Then when my sensor bar "burned", I've made one by myself with the right ohm-volt this time.

I've made my sensor bar in two parts with 6 leds so that I can move them closer or farther, I thought this could adjust sensivity, but no. I've tried a lot of setting and never came to a good(playable) sensivity.

I've tried with a real wiimote and with my wiimote bought on tomstop (china clone). I had more precision with the real wiimote (obviously), but it was as sensitive as the other one.

I'm waiting my Nyko mote, but I know this won't completly solve my sensivity problem.

How do you set your settings while playing?

I'm about 3-4 feet away from the sensor, but nothing changes even if I go farther.

Thanks for the help!

swilkewitz

Well, you can always use two candles set 20cm apart, and then adjust the IR sensitivity in Dolphin's Config/Wii/Wiimote settings menu.

Does this help?
With my home made sensor, I can set them at 20cm apart, even more. I'll give a try.