Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Suggested feature: Auto StateSave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

UlldotteN

I'm playing Fire Emblem Path of Radiance these days, and i keep encountering a really annoying problem. The game has a nasty habit to freeze after I've cleared a map, but before I get to the part where I can save. Of course one can use savestates, but I tend to forget Sad
So how about adding a feature: auto statesave? A simple option, on/off, save every xx minutes, maybe even link an autosave feature to a game profile so that only specific games save often?

Just a thought...
First, savestates should be made stable.
Quote:First, savestates should be made stable.
so should the core

UlldotteN

(04-09-2011, 09:32 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]First, savestates should be made stable.

Will that ever happen? For the record, I've never encountered an issue with savestates in this game.
They seem stable enough for my needs atm, I don't rely on them for actual saving, just a temporary backup (that may or may not work) in case the game freezes. To me it seems worth at least trying to restore a saved state before giving up: "Oh well, there I wasted an hour on a map that I'll have to redo from the beginning. Let's try again!"

...am I the only one who thinks it's a good idea?
Quote:so should the core

I loled.
(04-10-2011, 05:08 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:so should the core

I loled.

i quoted for truth
i bowed and greeted the audience.
(04-10-2011, 09:58 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]i bowed and greeted the audience.

Big Grin