Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Random stuttering. Emulator issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that sometimes, I would get an odd stutter here and there while playing some games. I have the fps counter running and it stays stuck at 60 or 30 (depending on the game) pretty much all the time even when the stuttering starts kicking in. Its really noticeable especially when playing games that run at 60fps (other m, galaxy, kirby). Here's my specs btw:

i5 2500k @ 4.5
4gb ram
gtx 275

Other games run stutter free though so maybe its just something with the emulation?
Settings?

Turn on v-sync.
Settings are 1920x1080 integral, 16x AF, no AA. Then I just follow the recommended settings for each game found in the wiki.

I'm not sure if I have vsync running, will check when I get home. I do always have d3doverrider running though with vsync and triple buffering so I guess that should take effect even with vsync disabled in the dolphin emu
Use dolphin's v-sync instead. Dolphin doesn't behave anything like a pc game, we have an emulated framebuffer that other software won't take into account.
Quote: I do always have d3doverrider running though with vsync and triple buffering so I guess that should take effect even with vsync disabled in the dolphin emu

Its hard not to flame this one.... but

D3Doverride doesn't do shit to remove input lag, it adds more, and the padded frames are not worth the lag.
Oh ok, thanks. Will see if this improves things

(04-09-2011, 12:23 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I do always have d3doverrider running though with vsync and triple buffering so I guess that should take effect even with vsync disabled in the dolphin emu

Its hard not to flame this one.... but

D3Doverride doesn't do shit to remove input lag, it adds more, and the padded frames are not worth the lag.
Well, never really had any problems with d3doverrider. I just can't remember why I started using it though. I think there was this one pc game where activating vsync would limit it to 30fps, and d3doverrider allowed it to run at 60 while being vsync'ed. Since then I always had it running, setting it off only for games which didn't play nice with it. Cheers for the info anyway squall
the app adds an additional frame to the flip queue and in d3d all frames are displayed from the queue, regardless of whether they are needed or not.

the 30fps limit is for good reason. some game engines suffer from input lag when vsyncing an excessively large frame rate, DMC4 has some slight additional lag with vsyncing to 60fps, if the engine had a max fps cap and was able to cap to 58fps + vsync, the lag would probably be removed.

ragy44

Guys when i try to play YU-GI-HO 5D's battle transfer on dolphin, i get the following massage : HLE system tried to call an undefined HLE function 785297. I hope somebody can help.