Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Use PlayStation 2 Controller.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

princejarethh

I own a Universal USB Converter plugged in and it works great. It uses the Game Cube and PlayStation 2 controllers. I get the Game cube games working great, no problem at all with either controller.
Now, my question is: [color=#FF0000]How would I set up my Game Cube controller to REPLACE the Wiimote and Nunchuck?[/color]

I do not own any Wiimotes so that's out of the question. FYI, I bought the game at FYE just in case I ever buy a Nintendo Wii. So my game is the ACTUAL copy. I would really love to play Metroid with my game Cube controller. Big Grin

Thanks in advance, Jarethh
It's not posible... all games of wii has focus to detected move and acelerate of wiimote. Wiimote transmit the press button plus move and acelerate, do you understand ??? wiimote not is wireless gamepad... is more.

Use keyboard or gampad by usb

CIAO
You can emulate the Wiimote using your Gamecube/PS2 pad considering you have a compatible adapter to connect them to the PC.
Just select emulated wiimote under the wiimote settings and map out the buttons to your controller. Certain actions like shaking the wiimote can also be mapped to a button press. The pointer itself can by default I believe, be controlled by the mouse (I like to map the A and B buttons to both a controller and the left and right mouse clicks)

princejarethh

Well thank you meforero, for your rudeness. I DO understand that. Id like to emulate my controller to REPLACE the movement and it was a success.
and if you read above Schwimmer, I already mentioned that my controllers ARE plugged in by describing that they work on gamecube games.
and lastly, ty georaldc, I got it working now, ty for not treating me like a moron. Smile I combined my PS2 controller with Joytokey, so that replaces the keyboard keys. BAM!

You don't need Joy2Key... that is only going to complicate things. :/

princejarethh

(04-11-2011, 03:33 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need Joy2Key... that is only going to complicate things. :/
Yeah I know. Smile
Just that I enjoy experimenting with different programs Smile
Maybe if someone can give me and idea or instructions, screen shots, this will not only help me, but other people who would love to play Wii games with a PS2 controller. Smile