Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Texture Quality and bug fix needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

iam playing Zelda twillight princess (gamecube) on the r7436 an it works fine.
I have this game for Wii an i think the texture quality in dolhin is not very good, which specific options improves texture quality?
by the way, the crashed(hang) two times in fullscreen, once after i meet zelda and warped back to ordon(right after the warp) and once while collecting light at hylia sea (i was near the grass and wanted to howl - right side of the sea)
i didnt had rights for posting this into game discussion.
edit: it definitly hang up everything i try to call the shadow bird (howl) after collecting the first lights at hylia sea. (In fullscreen! it works in windows mode..)

zunder
it also hang when i want to listen to a rock (have to howl) and it hang also in windows mode when i have the howl with the other wolf (when pressing A to howl)

princejarethh

@Zunder

I noticed that when I used task manager and ended some processes, then disabled visual themes in Windows, the full screen mode works a hell of a lot better. Just keep in mind, too many peoples' problems are they have too many things running on their computers when emulating games.
Quote:I have this game for Wii an i think the texture quality in dolhin is not very good, which specific options improves texture quality?

You can set anisotropic filtering to 16x but that's it. It's a GC/Wii game with low resolution textures, nothing you can do about that other than remake all of the textures yourself.
@prince, i have only running dolphin in fullscreen 100% speed 60Frames stable. but frame drops still appear around the castle. The crash/hang when i want to howl an press A definitly looks like a bug because in this moment i have still 100% speed and 60 frame.. it just hang, its allways the same picture. I had another "hang" today while making the bodyguard mission to kakariko while focusing some guy on his "horse"..

@natural, ya i feared it.. guess deactivating native maps makes it even worse.
But the textures where looking more .. 3D**.. isnt this called "mapping" or "parallax mapping" that makes better textures?
(no idea how it works - sorry if iam wrong)
Quote:But the textures where looking more .. 3D**.. isnt this called "mapping" or "parallax mapping" that makes better textures?

That makes no sense. I don't know of any GC/Wii games that use parallax mapping.
Oh ok, the game has to support this..

had another error today:
this one happens every time at this point, i selected other compilers - doesnt help.. cant play the game anymore.. anyone knows how to solve this?
[Image: errorzi.png]

Oh i found this as issue 3750...
the "howl" freeze bug only appear with scaling integral -> it works with fractional
now it also appeared with fractional...
[Image: howlerror.png]
Please find the game thread for TP in the game discussion section of the forum and read it/post there. These issues have been discussed more times than I can count there.