Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My better gpu is not visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

swilkewitz

I have a laptop with switchable graphics, one integrated and one dedicated. There is a program on my computer that lets me manually designate which graphics card to use for each program.

So I set Dolphin to run on the dedicated card, but it isn't visible in Dolphin's configuration settings. From what I've seen, the performance is the same regardless of which graphics card I designate for Dolphin.

So basically I don't exactly know which chip Dolphin is running on, and I would like to be positive that it is using the dedicated card.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Scott
Info?
Info?
INFO???
Well i would assume that you have an AMD card, I would just manually turn it on before you even start dolphin just to be sure, not sure how your program works. What specs do you have too, assuming you have a core Ix processor, if you running at native resolution it may be able to run that anyways, So what res are you running the game at

swilkewitz

I have the inspiron 15r:
Intel i5 @ 2.3ghz
Mobile Intel HD Graphics 3000
(and)
AMD Radeon HD 6470m w/ 512mb memory
6gb ram

My monitor is set at 1366x768. In dolphin it automatically adjusts to 640x456 while windowed and I have it set to display at 800x600 for fullscreen.

Also, I can get most side-scroller games (New Super Mario Bros.) to run at full speed and other games (Super Mario Galaxy) to run at about 45-60 fps. So if that is unheard of with that particular Intel chip then we could assume that the Radeon chip is being used. But I don't know if the Intel chip is good for Dolphin. (I would assume not)

i have a laptop that does the same thing (intel integrated AND geforce gt 325m). just set dolphin to run with the high end and leave it at that.

if you get good framerates then the radeon GPU is doing its job

leave it at that

swilkewitz

(04-09-2011, 07:19 PM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]i have a laptop that does the same thing (intel integrated AND geforce gt 325m). just set dolphin to run with the high end and leave it at that.

if you get good framerates then the radeon GPU is doing its job

leave it at that

That's what I have been doing, and I assumed it was working, but I'd like to be sure. Also, when I set Dolphin to power saver graphics in my graphics manager I don't get a change in fps.

swilkewitz

Ok, so I just lost 20 fps when I switched to power saver, so I was wrong before. So that is solved, thanks!

Also, I can configure my AMD graphics card's options, do you just pick all the fastest settings? I'll try that to see if I can save a few fps...

Thanks!