Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are my present specs alright?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BoomerTiro

Hey everyone. I want to thank the creators of this awesome emulator. I also want to bring out the best this emulator can, so I am here to get my specs reviewed.

Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9850 Quad-Core Processor, MMX, 3DNow (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz Memory: 2046MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Is that all the info needed? And of that info, what would be best to upgrade on a budget of only 50 dollars?
A phenom 9850 @ 2.6GHz is equivalent of a core 2 quad at 2.0 GHz. Most games will run at fullspeed but will still run at medium-high speed.

A 9400gt is enough on bare minimum graphics settings for some games but not all.

Quote:And of that info, what would be best to upgrade on a budget of only 50 dollars?

Impossible unless you buy used parts on a website like ebay and get lucky. That's not enough money for buying a sufficient cpu for dolphin.

BoomerTiro

(04-08-2011, 06:56 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]A phenom 9850 @ 2.6GHz is equivalent of a core 2 quad at 2.0 GHz. Most games will run at fullspeed but will still run at medium-high speed.

A 9400gt is enough on bare minimum graphics settings for some games but not all.

Quote:And of that info, what would be best to upgrade on a budget of only 50 dollars?

Impossible unless you buy used parts on a website like ebay and get lucky. That's not enough money for buying a sufficient cpu for dolphin.

So the CPU needs and upgrade? What would you recommend?
Depends on your budget. Bare minimum a phenom II X3/X4 with either fast ddr2 memory or ddr3 memory.