Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yo. So, the emulator runs this game in a incredibly low speed (between 20 FPs and, at sometimes, 40), but I think my computer can run this game without that much slowdown. The sound too is weird, with these noises comming with a slow paced music.

My processor is Intel Core i3 and my video card is Intel HD Graphics.
(04-05-2011, 09:48 AM)Lorddomu Wrote: [ -> ]my video card is Intel HD Graphics.

Intel's integrated stuff doesn't give you much room. You might be able to get semi-playable by really chopping stuff down, but...don't expect much luck. You'll want a dedicated video card to really play with the emulator.
Does it happen only to certain games, or is my video card going to make most of the games run badly?

Thanks.
Your video card's going to struggle with virtually everything out there. You may run into a game or two that runs decently, but that would be a rare exception.
So it's pretty much impossible to run any Wii games, right?

I mean... Can it at least run the Fire Emblem game for Wii?
Probably not. And if so you would need to turn the efb scale down to .375x or .5x, which would make it look like total garbage.
What's the video card required to run Dolphin (the minimum required vide card)?

And, is it the only problem?
Quote:What's the video card required to run Dolphin (the minimum required vide card)?

Depends on the game and the settings.
Look to spend about $60 on a G220 or 5550 for playing games with a 1x scale (standard definition),
$80 will buy you a gt430 or 5570 which is good for a 2x scale or 3x scale depending on the game (high definition),
$100 will buy you a 9800gt or 5670 which is good for a 3x scale + MSAA.
Getting a video card capable of a 3x scale + SSAA will bring you into the $200+ range.

Quote:And, is it the only problem?

From what you've told us so far about your system (which isn't much), yes.

Please tell me you're not using a laptop.
Lol, I am. ._.

Please don't tell me notebooks can't run Dolphin or any other emulator.
Laptops can run whatever if they're powerful enough, but alas, they don't share the great room for upgrading that their desktop counterparts do. I'm afraid you'd need to either pick up a more powerful laptop, switch to playing on a desktop, or really compromise some of your settings.
Pages: 1 2