Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote reassignment issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xorgate

So I've been using Dolphin with a real wiimote now for about two months, and everythings been working out just fine. However, recently it's begun acting strange. Whenever I connect a wiimote and start a game, the mote gets reassigned from player 1 to 2 (the LED on the controller changes to reflect this) and suddenly I can't play.

The only "solution" i've been able to find is to connect two wiimotes, at which point when I start a game player 1 becomes player 2, and player 2 becomes player 1.

Any ideas?

qazwsxedc

yeah, i've had the same problem. I've been using dolphin (r7384) for a couple of weeks, and it's been fine with a single wiimote. Then today I decided to finally buy a second. Now if i connect with both, they seem to swap player number (1<->2) when a game starts, and when I try with just one, it switches from being player 1 to player 2 when the game starts, even if i select "none" as the input source in the Wiimote 2 Box.

I can't see this being relevant, but just in case, I'll mention that my newly bought wiimote is one with the motionplus thing.

xorgate

(04-06-2011, 03:05 AM)qazwsxedc Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see this being relevant, but just in case, I'll mention that my newly bought wiimote is one with the motionplus thing.

Yeah, I don't think that's the source of our issue. Both mine are motionplus-less.

EDIT:

Just tried out a copy of the new version of Dolphin (7436) and the issue seems to be resolved.