Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin D3D SHADER PROBLEM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

munta

My Dolphin keeps saying the same words when i turn it on with pokemon colleseum.

FAILED TO COMPILE AND CREATE PIXEL SHADER D3D SHADER.CPP

I've tried to find it but no luck. The pixel shader isn't findable.

But The game still works in sound but It is black so I cannot see anything

[Image: rrhwk7.jpg]
Get a better system, you likely have an ancient pos graphics card or integrated gpu.

munta

(04-04-2011, 06:19 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Get a better system, you likely have an ancient pos graphics card or integrated gpu.

thats not it
i have windows xp but i chose another layout
Quote:i have windows xp

I'm not referring to your operating system, but your hardware. Clearly your hardware is inadequate if you are getting that error, most likely your graphics card or integrated gpu is not up to the task of emulating the Gamecube/Wii. The issue here is that your graphics hardware does not support the minimum required shader model to run Dolphin, Dolphin requires at least Pixel/Vertex shading v2.0, which is a hardware (GPU) feature. Also the FX series of Nvidia cards did not properly support SM 2.0 so many games or applications that were developed using SM 2.0 will not render correctly on FX series graphics cards, and the Geforce MX doesn't have support for shaders whatsoever.You either have a Geforce FX card, a GPU that supports less than SM 2.0 or no shaders.

Speaking of which shouldn't Dolphin just crash is no support for SM 2.0 is detected? I'm just making assumptions regarding your hardware, but the case here is most likely a crappy GPU whether it's integrated or dedicated it doesn't matter.

munta

(04-04-2011, 08:35 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:i have windows xp

I'm not referring to your operating system, but your hardware. Clearly your hardware is inadequate if you are getting that error, most likely your graphics card or integrated gpu is not up to the task of emulating the Gamecube/Wii. The issue here is that your graphics hardware does not support the minimum required shader model to run Dolphin, Dolphin requires at least Pixel/Vertex shading v2.0, which is a hardware (GPU) feature. Also the FX series of Nvidia cards did not properly support SM 2.0 so many games or applications that were developed using SM 2.0 will not render correctly on FX series graphics cards, and the Geforce MX doesn't have support for shaders whatsoever.You either have a Geforce FX card, a GPU that supports less than SM 2.0 or no shaders.

Speaking of which shouldn't Dolphin just crash is no support for SM 2.0 is detected? I'm just making assumptions regarding your hardware, but the case here is most likely a crappy GPU whether it's integrated or dedicated it doesn't matter.

Can you recommend me a dolphin that can work on mine.
since you are too stupid to understand, i have to step in.

your computer is crap. it is so crap that it cannot run Dolpin. Buy a new computer.

you were already told (with a very good explanation and very politely) that your computer is slower than constipation

Buy a new computer.