Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: cannot get dolphin to run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

asd29

im running windows 7 x64 and cannot get dolphin to work. im trying to run r7434 but neither x64 nor x86 work for me. i tried the x64 first and it gave me the VCOMP100.DLL is missing error. I fixed that but now it just gives me "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application." Ive installed the visual c++ 2010 thing several times, uninstalled it completely, reinstalled it, and still nothing. My computer already has directx 11 installed so when i try to update it, it says i have the latest version. i also tried the x86 version, but it just gives me the VCOMP100.DLL is missing error even though i know i installed it (since i fixed it for the x64 version). Where do i go from here?
did you happen to put the vcomp file in the dolphin folder before you installed the VC redist?

F1Krazy

(04-03-2011, 04:30 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]did you happen to put the vcomp file in the dolphin folder before you installed the VC redist?

I also have Win7 x64 and I'm having the same problem with r7435 (and r7427, and presumably the other revisions in between). I did what you suggested - put vcomp100.dll in the Dolphin folder, then installed the VC thingy - and it didn't work. It just says, "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application", just like before. I've got r7281 and that works fine, so it's not much of a problem, but it's still kind of annoying ><
delete the dll from the dolphin folder, you're screwing up the windows DLL loader priorities.