Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Improving preformance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chroniccommand

I've recently been using Dolphin to play some old games of mine and I must say Dolphin is pretty great. Theres only one problem. I usually get a pretty low FPS rate. About 15 - 20 depending on the game I'm playing. Right now I only have two games installed, Luigi's mansion and starfox adventures. With luigis mansion I get decent preformance depending on where I am in the game. But it's playable.

With starfox adventures, I get about 10 FPS all around which makes it pretty un playable.

Are there any ways I can improve my preformance?
I have a Compaq Presario CQ60. I'm not sure if that's exactly the best for dolphin but you can view the specs here

Also, I'm running Arch Linux if that matters. Thanks everybody.

--chroniccommand
1 Not a chance .Dolphin require CPU 2.5Ghz+ for GC game and 3Ghz+ for wii game
2 Your laptop has no graphic card , Intel HD or Intel GMA 4500MHD are not a gfx card
3 Linux an MacOS are crap because of OpenGL ,Windows 7 64bit with Direct3d9 is the best atm until windows 8 out (Sep,2011)
4 Follow the performance guide

chroniccommand

(04-03-2011, 02:31 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]1 Not a chance .Dolphin require CPU 2.5Ghz+ for GC game and 3Ghz+ for wii game
2 Your laptop has no graphic card , Intel HD or Intel GMA 4500MHD are not a gfx card
3 Linux an MacOS are crap because of OpenGL ,Windows 7 64bit with Direct3d9 is the best atm until windows 8 out (Sep,2011)

Okay thanks. Yea I know my laptop sucks. And I already followed the performance guide.
(04-03-2011, 04:20 PM)chroniccommand Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2011, 02:31 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]1 Not a chance .Dolphin require CPU 2.5Ghz+ for GC game and 3Ghz+ for wii game

Okay thanks. Yea I know my laptop sucks. And I already followed the performance guide.
Well if you followed the performance guide and your performance is still not so great there's not much you can do about it.
starfox doesnt run great even on my rig average about 75% speed
(04-03-2011, 09:24 PM)linkinworm Wrote: [ -> ]starfox doesnt run great even on my rig average about 75% speed

wtf? starfox is harde to emulate then smg?
The big outside areas where there is a lot going on needs a lot of power to run normally. (Star Fox Adventures.)