Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best Settings for Wind Waker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Can anyone post the best possible settings for wind waker, graphic wise with 100% speed all the time.

My computer:
i7 950 3.8 GHz
6gb RAM
GTX 480 SLI

OpenGL works best for me but freezes a lot and I can't get Direct3D11 to look as good.

Help is appreciated. Heart
4xAA
16X filtering
EFB scale x3
Widescreen hack and V sync on
Copy to RAM

If you can't mantain full speed most of the time with that then start by turning Anti Aliasing off and turning EFB scale to integral

Also check here
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=40

(04-03-2011, 01:29 AM)ChanDramRutnam Wrote: [ -> ]4xAA
16X filtering
EFB scale x3
Widescreen hack and V sync on
Copy to RAM

If you can't mantain full speed most of the time with that then start by turning Anti Aliasing off and turning EFB scale to integral

Also check here
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=40

AA in latest Direct3D11 is displayed as "x samples (y quality level)"

So there's abunch of x4 AA's.
Don't use the d3d11 backend for this game even if your video card supports it. Use the d3d9 backend.

(04-03-2011, 02:49 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use the d3d11 backend for this game even if your video card supports it. Use the d3d9 backend.

With what settings?
I'm going to assume you have a widescreen monitor since that's a high end setup.

This is a 4:3 game. It is designed to render at a 4:3 aspect ratio. You can either:
1. Have dolphin leave the aspect ratio alone (the image will only fill the center of your widescreen monitor, you'll have black bars on the left and right side of the image)
2. Have dolphin stretch the 4:3 image to 16:9 (everything will look fat/stretched along the width)
3. Have dolphin stretch to any aspect ratio (so it stretches both the height and width, useful if you have a 16:9 monitor and you don't like having black bars)
4. Have dolphin use a hack to force the game to render in 16:9 (this will cause visual glitches to occur sometimes outside of the normal 4:3 area of the screen space)

1. Set the aspect ratio to auto and leave widescreen hack off
2. Set the aspect ratio to force 16:9 and leave widescreen hack off
3. Set the aspect ratio to stretch to window and leave widescreen hack off
4. Set the aspect ratio to force 16:9 and turn widescreen hack on

I would recommend you turn v-sync on. It will produce smoother more fluid video and should not cause problems so long as vps limiting is working properly.

Set Anisotropic filtering to 16x (it will have no performance hit on that video card).

Anti-aliasing can be set to either 4xSSAA or none depending on where you are. There area few spots such as the forsaken fortress where even the most powerful video cards today can't handle it when combined with a high efb scale, and for this game having a high efb scale it more important.

Turn on load native mip-maps, efb scaled copy, and pixel depth. Leave pixel lighting, force bi/trilinear filtering, and 3dvision off.

Set the scale to integral.
Turn on enable cpu access.
Turn off emulate format changes.
Enable copy and set it to ram. Turn off the cache.
Turn off accurate texture cache.
(04-03-2011, 03:00 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to assume you have a widescreen monitor since that's a high end setup.

This is a 4:3 game. It is designed to render at a 4:3 aspect ratio. You can either:
1. Have dolphin leave the aspect ratio alone (the image will only fill the center of your widescreen monitor, you'll have black bars on the left and right side of the image)
2. Have dolphin stretch the 4:3 image to 16:9 (everything will look fat/stretched along the width)
3. Have dolphin stretch to any aspect ratio (so it stretches both the height and width, useful if you have a 16:9 monitor and you don't like having black bars)
4. Have dolphin use a hack to force the game to render in 16:9 (this will cause visual glitches to occur sometimes outside of the normal 4:3 area of the screen space)

1. Set the aspect ratio to auto and leave widescreen hack off
2. Set the aspect ratio to force 16:9 and leave widescreen hack off
3. Set the aspect ratio to stretch to window and leave widescreen hack off
4. Set the aspect ratio to force 16:9 and turn widescreen hack on

I would recommend you turn v-sync on. It will produce smoother more fluid video and should not cause problems so long as vps limiting is working properly.

Set Anisotropic filtering to 16x (it will have no performance hit on that video card).

Anti-aliasing can be set to either 4xSSAA or none depending on where you are. There area few spots such as the forsaken fortress where even the most powerful video cards today can't handle it when combined with a high efb scale, and for this game having a high efb scale it more important.

Turn on load native mip-maps, efb scaled copy, and pixel depth. Leave pixel lighting, force bi/trilinear filtering, and 3dvision off.

Set the scale to integral.
Turn on enable cpu access.
Turn off emulate format changes.
Enable copy and set it to ram. Turn off the cache.
Turn off accurate texture cache.

Would the same settings works fine with SSBM or are there better settigns for just that game?
I don't know. I don't have SSBM. Take a look at the game thread for it in the game discussion section of the forum or the wiki entry for it on the main site.
(04-04-2011, 04:34 AM)Chenquie Wrote: [ -> ]Would the same settings works fine with SSBM or are there better settigns for just that game?

Yes it works fine, I usually have the same generic settings for almost all of the games I have.
Only exception is for games like Metroid Prime 1 & 2 and Four Swords Adventures that requires Accurate Texture Cache to work properly.

(04-19-2011, 08:53 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2011, 04:34 AM)Chenquie Wrote: [ -> ]Would the same settings works fine with SSBM or are there better settigns for just that game?

Yes it works fine, I usually have the same generic settings for almost all of the games I have.
Only exception is for games like Metroid Prime 1 & 2 and Four Swords Adventures that requires Accurate Texture Cache to work properly.

What about the settings now that the layout is changed and everything got a different name and new settings are added like internal resolution?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6