Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A few small suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few days ago, I played Sonic Colors on Dolphin and at first couldn't get it to run at full speed, but I checked it's forum thread and someone mentioned enabling vBeam, which as far as I know, can only be enabled by right clicking on a game in the main rom browser and going to it's Properties page.

This of course made the game run at full speed, just like they said it would. I then backed up the game to a disc (and I TOTALLY own the real disc) and today, put the disc in my DVD drive and ran it off the drive in Dolphin.

However, it seems that I cannot enter the Properties menu for the DVD drive game, so one of two things need to be added to Dolphin.
1. Being able to access the Properties menu for whichever game is in your disc drive.
2. Being able to enable vBeam (and potentially other options from the Properties menu) from another menu that can be accessed at any time.

Another thing I would like to suggest is being able to create configuration profiles for games not in the default rom browser, for the same reason - to work with disc games without needing to overwrite your default profile options.
Did you try vbeam with other "damn! it's slow" games?
(04-01-2011, 10:25 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try vbeam with other "damn! it's slow" games?

No, I had no reason to. I just found out about it when trying to run Sonic and haven't played anything but that and Mega Man 9 since then.
I think I remember reading somewhere running it from the DVD drive is not as fast/effective as if you were running it from an ISO image that's stored on your hard drive. If you were to keep the image on your hard drive, then you could keep that setting turned on, and that would be fine?
(04-03-2011, 11:25 PM)parasite64 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I remember reading somewhere running it from the DVD drive is not as fast/effective as if you were running it from an ISO image that's stored on your hard drive. If you were to keep the image on your hard drive, then you could keep that setting turned on, and that would be fine?

Well, it's not fine because I burned it to an iso for a reason - to save hard drive space =/
Use gcz (compress iso) to save more space or buy External HDD (70$ for 2.5" 500Gb ) . Who need DVD or Blu-ray nowaday ?
(04-01-2011, 09:47 PM)Aikawa Kizuna Wrote: [ -> ]1. Being able to access the Properties menu for whichever game is in your disc drive.

This has been possible for 3000 or so revisions
View -> Show Drives
now games in dvd drive show in gamelist

also profiles are based on the game id so you could even open the ini and manually change it Tongue
External HDDs are the best choice
collect them and put them in a library... esthetical and impressive as you receive people Big Grin
(04-04-2011, 09:14 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]External HDDs are the best choice
collect them and put them in a library... esthetical and impressive as you receive people Big Grin

+1 Tongue
(04-06-2011, 08:00 AM)Runo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2011, 09:14 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]External HDDs are the best choice

+1 Tongue

Big Grin