Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LLE Thread Running Too Fast ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Everyone !

I'm Experiencing a very weird issue here...Dodgy

i have SMG2 PAL , using DX9 and DSP LLE recompiler..
disabling PAL60 Mode.

the music goes TOO FAST while the game play is very slow !! the VPS is going crazy while the fps is slow...

so i enabled audio throttle.... but the game caps at 30fps (half speed)/ also the limit fps option doesn't effectively work....

this issue DOES NOT happen when i enable the pal60 mode.....

How can i limit the music speed while NOT limiting the gameplay speed to 30fps??

thnx in advance.......Smile
Desyncs happen with a lotta games and you can't do anything... but if somebody got the solution it could be interesting Big Grin
Thnx for the reply but.....That doesnt explain why the gameplay is way slower than if i enable the pal60 mode ...... the only problem when i do so is that it stutters cause its perfectly synced..... so why does it get desynced only with the pal games with this mode ?
I guess it means that the LLE thread goes 2 fast on the expense of the emulated GPU thread.....
could be source of the LLE maybe... Big Grin
If you have pal60 mode off set the framelimiter to 50 and leave use fps for limiting off. If pal60 mode is on set it to 60 instead. It seems like the vps limiter is using 60 vps even when you turn off pal60 mode, which is causing your problem.

Quote:so i enabled audio throttle.... but the game caps at 30fps (half speed)/ also the limit fps option doesn't effectively work....

Well duh. Your hardware is not capable of running lle audio emulation at fullspeed. So when you turn on audio throttle it rapes your framerate to keep it in sync.

Can you please rewrite your post in a readable way in the following format:
Quote:With pal60 off and audio throttle on:
[insert details on what happens here]

With pal60 on and audio throttle on:

With pal60 off and audio throttle off:

With pal60 on and audio throttle off:
so desync blamed for bad speed in most of games?
No. Reread the post. Desyncing threads is always going to be faster in exchange for causing problems. But it has nothing to do with general emulation performance issues.
Big Grin LOLz
Ok NV There u go Tongue

With pal60 off and audio throttle on: (LLE)
always 30fps,music synced and at normal speed,and no distortion...

With pal60 on and audio throttle on:
40~45fps on the average/sound distortion occurs as usual (Yeah i know that my CPU is..... Angryanyways).

With pal60 off and audio throttle off:

Game Runs at a playable speeds(3~4 fps less than HLE on the average) but the music and sounds play TOO FAST.

With pal60 on and audio throttle off:
Well, in this mode the music sometimes goes too fast , with the usual slowdowns of LLE.

Ok. All of those results make sense.

If audio throttle is on it prevents the audio from running out of sync but in exchange you will get slowdowns and it creates distortion if you can't maintain fullspeed. With pal60 the slowdowns and sound distortion is more severe since the fullspeed is higher while your speed remains the same (so you're running proportionally slower compared to fullspeed).

As long as your hardware is not powerful enough you'll always have to choose at least one con. Which is the least annoying to you, out of sync audio, distortion, or slowdowns?
@NV : Well, i'd better make a CPU Upgrade IF DSP LLE on thread would give me some significant speed boost.... i can play this game setting framelimiter to 1 ,its not THAT annoying to me .... What do u recommend ??
Pages: 1 2