Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: new to emulater, frenquently crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

valeforheya

just got the emulater and haveing a hard time figureing it out atm.

it starts up fine, game loads and runs for a bit but then i gets chopy and crashs. i dont think its the game file. i think i dont have something configured right.

runing
win 7 64 bit
nvidia gts 250 graphics card
amd anthlon II X2 245 processer 2.9 GHz
8 Gig DDR3 ram

useing Xbox 360 use controler via the controler option and enabled it

trying to play dokupon kingdom.

unsure how to pull a error log if it makes one to post it for help also so if theres a way let me know and i put it up.
What are your settings

valeforheya

i left them default other then enableing the xbox 360 pad
Try revision 6505. The emulator crashes randomly for a lot of people in recent revisions (including me).

valeforheya

ok just downloaded it guna give it a try tonight and see how it gos. if i still have problems ill be back, and if it works ill be back. so either way your stuck with me now *EVIL KEFKA LAUGH*
ok that ver wont even load game for me.
maxing out cpu and doing nothing but freezeing up my pc.
anything newer that works ok?

(ver i refering to is revision 6505. just freezes the pc)
If these builds are not working for you it's a problem with your PC, not Dolphin.

valeforheya

the newer one was working just random crashing. guna try the newest one and see if that helps. i have no issues with other emulaters for ps2 nes snes and mame along with regler pc games like Final fantasy xiv online, leauge of lengends, the sims 3, Dirt 2 and a bunch more.

its probley something simple that im over looking.

lmao i think i found whats wrong. i was only download and seting up the ver info not the core program. downloading the 2.0 now and seeing if that was the issue. my luck that was probly it from what i can tell.
ok got it working again now, and not crashing yet. only problem i found is when i open some menus the boxs flicker. not entier screen though
Quote:i was only download and seting up the ver info not the core program.

What? That doesn't make any sense. How exactly did you run "version info"? Maybe you're thinking of the svn builds.

The svn build 6505 should be just as stable as release 2.0 unless their is a problem on your end.

valeforheya

6505 wouldent even run. the latest is working about 90%. geting screen flicker when i open menus and crashs at random times and i gat a error message. forgot to write the message down. playing with the setings atm so ill probly figure it out soon.
Here too......downloaded lastest revision (7436) to hunt some monsters again (MH3)
Configured as it should be....after about 20 mins of gameplay......crash....send information to microsoft ?....i dont think so....
Anyway....i thought it was because of NTSC version of MH3 so i tried PAL.......my god they actually fixed bloom o_o
Anyway.....same crash, same problems.....tried dx11, dx9, opengl.....still same frickin crash...

My settings
Phenom II (4cores) 3.2 ghz
6gb DDR3 ram 2000mhz
Ati Radeon HD 5870 1gb

Game run actually pretty well even with copy to RAM option.....
Pages: 1 2