Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Misleading Support Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

conanhughes

I would just like to point out that I think the support page is misleading people to think that the infrared sensor bar is not needed to play and make the remote fully work on the PC.

It says in the support page, that the only things needed to play Dolphin with a wiimote is the wiimote itself and a bluetooth adapter. While it is not explicitly mentioned that the sensor bar is not needed, some people such as myself may mistakenly infer that the sensor bar is optional.

I actually had to search the forum to learn the need for a sensor bar. Hence, me buying a remote alone is not enough. I still have to wait for three weeks before the sensor bar I delivered online will arrive at my doorstep.
Sensor bar is optional, you can just use candles or any other IR light source. The WiiMote just needs something as guiding points; whether it be a real sensor bar or anything else that emits light does not matter.

conanhughes

(03-30-2011, 01:53 AM)Jack Frost Wrote: [ -> ]Sensor bar is optional, you can just use candles or any other IR light source. The WiiMote just needs something as guiding points; whether it be a real sensor bar or anything else that emits light does not matter.

I also read those improved IR light sources like candles here in the forum too, plus some vid proof on youtube.

But I think my point that the support page being misleading still remains.
2 candles, 1 comp

Welcome to the Dolphin Forums, try and post something useful while you're here

a LOT of games (SSBB, Sky Crawlers, Metroid Other M, Kirby Epic Yarn..... etc) don't need a sensor bar at all
ALL games that use a sensor bar can use any 2 objects that emit IR Light
so, grats on buying something you probably won't need, depending on the games you play
http://www.dolphin-emu.org/

This is what newbies should look at, it's clear and simple.
i would have thought the pic on the front page was self-explanatory :/
It is, but not for blind people.
we're not gonna make a braille translation for Dolphin, right?
lol, I was thinking more about intellectual blindness, but I guess it would do it TongueTongueTongue