Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mega Man 9 Save State crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Occasionally when trying to load a state in MM9, I get the audio, but nothing else. No matter how many times I try and load it, it still gives me no gameplay or video. The only option is to reset Dolphin. I'm not sure if this problem affects other games, I've only save stated on MM9
next time multiple slots to ensure atleast one of them works
Disable Dual Core.
(03-29-2011, 11:59 PM)mireka Wrote: [ -> ]next time multiple slots to ensure atleast one of them works

I've tried saving 4 slots and still none of them work.

(03-30-2011, 05:36 AM)s7even e11even Wrote: [ -> ]Disable Dual Core.

Will try that later when I start playing again and will report the results.
No good. The game lags if I turn off dual core. Any other suggestions?
Yes, the game will lag. But Dual Core is what's breaking your save states. So choose between slower gameplay with save states, or faster gameplay without.
I have had some luck with Dual Core save states, however. Save multiple slots as mireka suggested. Sometimes, if you get one to work, keep it. Then when you load a broken save state (frozen, audio only), load the working save state, and then try the broken save state again. This sometimes works for me. But still, to avoid this problem you need Dual Core disabled.
heh i've experienced something similiar to this myself.

while savestating in mm10, sometimes it'll just end up being permenately corrupted. emu says it's running 60 FPS, but video is frozen, no audio...it's just flat out completely dead
it happens once in awhile.

so if i was somewhere in a level, i savestate my current position, to a bunch of different slots "just in case" 1 of them gets corrupted, so i dont lose my progress. This method defintely works for me.