Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this processor upgrade give me a noticable fps increase?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheDarkness97

I'm upgrading from Athlon ll 620 2.6GHz to a Phenom ll 965 Black Edition 3.4 GHz. (Which I will be OCing) Will I get a noticeable increase in performance? How big of an increase?
I think, that it'll be a houge increase on your fps.. ^^
you are going from 2.6 ghz to 3.4Ghz! Almost 1ghz! That's alot.. And you have 2 more Cores to do other things!

TheDarkness97

(03-28-2011, 09:18 AM)faculoy Wrote: [ -> ]I think, that it'll be a houge increase on your fps.. ^^
you are going from 2.6 ghz to 3.4Ghz! Almost 1ghz! That's alot.. And you have 2 more Cores to do other things!
That Athlon ll 620 is X4. On another note, I've decided to get the 975 3.6 GHz which I will OC to 4.0 GHz. So basically nearly double the increase of a stock 965.

BuenĂ­simo..! (Y
Well since Dolphin uses 2 Cores only,the better the speed on CPU,higher the preformance.

In your case,from 2.6 to 4Ghz? DAMN !

I have Dual Core on 3.3Ghz and SMG2 Runs at 33FPS,you will have it max speed on 4Ghz 100%.

Same as all other games Wink
Also the 6MB L3 cache will help improve performance A LOT. I'm guessing you'll see about a 66% increase.