Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Dolphin Emulator Running at 7-20fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dot.entity

Well yeah, that's my real problem, at the menu the fps is like 20-30 and in game is like 7-20fps or perhaps 22 at least. I just can't get through this problem, I have used three versions of Dolphin by far all pose no differences. And the only game I wish to play is Fatal Frame 4.
I have updated my ATI driver and Direct X as well...

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo / 2.13ghz and 2.1ghz
mEM: 4096mib ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Approx total Mem : 2792mib

Thanks alot guys, I wish someone could solve this..
Oh and I've read about the PAL and NTsc stuff but I just don't get it, and the "Use the DirectX9 plug-in" as well...Thanks...Huh
Fatal Frame 4 probably isnt going to run well given your specs, I have similar specs and cant play it full speed either. That said, could you post your configuration? That would help a lot in seeing if there's anything you could do to improve performance.

You dont really have to worry about Pal/NTSC because thats (to the best of my knowledge) ignored in emulation and really only affects framerate (Pal maxes out at 50, NTSC at 60, unless the game is set to only do 30). But even beyond that, since FF4 was a Japan-only release, its NTSC.
(03-28-2011, 04:31 AM)Jotokun Wrote: [ -> ]You dont really have to worry about Pal/NTSC because thats (to the best of my knowledge) ignored in emulation
It certainly is not...
long story short: need a faster CPU speed

dot.entity

Oh, too bad..I guess I'll have to bear with the lag..I just want finish that game..Well thanks guys..
oh and here are my setings~~
[Image: Untitled2.jpg]
[Image: Untitled-3.jpg]
[Image: Untitled4.jpg]
[Image: Untitled5.jpg]

anything I can do with these settings? Thanks~~~
maybe disable EFB copy or Safe Texture Cache (Only if you don't need them)

we're gonna need a Fatal Frame 4 thread to add to the Game Thread Index so anyone with this game can be directed there
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...al+frame+4

dot.entity

Wow thanks...I'll try it out, oh and by the way I actually tried three different versions of dolphine and does it actually make a difference or what? Since their configs have some differences...Thanks~