Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game slowdown, mac mini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

i managed to get build 7411 working now, since i was having issues connecting remotes.

my main question now is why is it slowing down half way through game. for example i play links xbow training and when i it loads to about halfway through a level its fine but after that it goes all jittery and u cant tell since audio goes buggy.

im running a 2010 mac mini, although i thought that should be fine.....any thoughts on how to stop it going slow and fixing gfx problem?
mac mini Spec:
2.4 or 2.6GHz Core2 duo
2GB RAM
GeForce 320m 256MB Shared memory

get your CPU speed higher
GPU made for laptops and such are weaker

no idea why it should mess up, its on the Perfect Game List
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=1713
List your computer's specs.
(03-25-2011, 08:08 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]List your computer's specs.

his specs (mid-2010 specs) are in my comment
my specs are
NVIDIA GeForce 320M
2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
8GB DDR3 RAM
Simply stating "Intel Core 2 Duo" does not help at all. There are dozens of Core 2 Duo's. You need to tell us what Core 2 Duo it is. ifs anything lower than a P7350, then its probably too slow to run dolphin. (My laptop has a P7350, and it just manages to run some games, like Resident Evil Remake and Metroid Prime.

Although I would recommend buying a PC, then using a mac...
(03-26-2011, 08:35 PM)AndehX Wrote: [ -> ]Simply stating "Intel Core 2 Duo" does not help at all. There are dozens of Core 2 Duo's. You need to tell us what Core 2 Duo it is. ifs anything lower than a P7350, then its probably too slow to run dolphin. (My laptop has a P7350, and it just manages to run some games, like Resident Evil Remake and Metroid Prime.

Although I would recommend buying a PC, then using a mac...

he already stated the clock speed (2.66GHz) and didnt say its OC'd, so its a P8800

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ma...cmini.html

annoyed that people don't even know what they buy and still have the money for it... that's life i guess