Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: mapping bongo controller on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A suggestion for the developers: how about a drop down selection for the GC bongo controller in the GC controller configuration menu in a similar fashion to the selection for nunchuck in the Wii configuration menu.

And, along with it, perhaps figure out how to get Dolphin to recognize the clap sensor on the bongo controller.

I would be ever so appreciative!! Blush
if the clap is not recognized by the driver...
it will never happen in dolphin...
maybe the clap is something like a trigger who needs to be punshed until a trigger is reached to trigger the clap Wink
try to map the clap to the classic controller as a left or right trigger and press/hold the clap...
[attachment=5802]

if there is no spike...
its a driver problem
no input... no mapping... no controlling
if there is a spike...
we need a new bongo plugin

or maybe iam totally wrong..
can you map the clap to the profile?
In my computer devices menu, it does recognize the clap as an analog slider. It's a very weak signal, but I assume it can be done since the driver recognizes it.

All four bongo buttons (left and right, front and back) are also recognized as well as the start button.

Another problem is that, with the bongo controller plugged in, it seems to think the analog stick is being pulled down and left (although of course the bongo has no analog stick)
So, is this possible do you think?
it should, it is some sort of onfiguration issue.
try to map the claps in every possible slot...
until something happen Smile

try analog stick, trigger left/right
digital stick...

who knows what the mapping is.

or just connect a controller.

map every button and try every possible combination, until the clap (for game start) is triggered.
then you know which button in the config should mapped with the clap
Having huge problems figuring out how to map this.

Clap is up on the c-sick? L and R on the analog stick are L and R bongos? Or not?

On GameFAQs it says you can use the bongos to play games with Y as top L bongo, X as top R bongo, B as bottom L as bongo, A as bottom R bongo, clap as R button. But this doesn't work at all.

But I seem incapable of getting the R and L bongo together as the jump in Jungle Beat any way.

There must be a way. What's the trick here?
I suspect I know what the problem may be -- the games that use the bongo controller maybe automatically be able to detect if a normal NGC controller or the bongo is plugged in.

Each controller has a different control scheme. With the NGC controller, moving left and right in Jungle Beat are L and R on the analog stick. Of course you can't go L and R at the same time on an analog stick.

Perhaps the key here is to make the game aware that the bongo controller is plugged in, but for some reason it isn't.

This looks like something that the Dolphin developers could fix.
I'm pretty certain you need to have dolphin tell the game the bongos are connected, since the game allows either or. Much like the guitar for the ps2 emulator.

Quote:it seems to think the analog stick is being pulled down and left (although of course the bongo has no analog stick)
This is also a normal thing. The saturn steering wheel does it, and so does the psx guitar. Resting at the down position means its at position 254. I would have guessed 0 ( up ), but its possible the emptied register is 254 ( 255 or 0x0F ). You also commented that the clapper adjust the up value. So its possible they are using it just like the triggers. Normal is 254, fully pressed is 0.

So I'm a bit confused here, is everything working in the dolphin config menus but the clapper? Thus, in the game all works but the clapper? Why not map the controller like normal, then plug in the bongos. If what you say is true the clapper will adjust the analog Y axis. Where is the disconnect?
No, the clapper actually works. I'm just having trouble mapping it.

The thing is the control scheme is different for controller and bongo. I suspect the game thinks a controller is plugged in.

With a controller, left on the analog stick is left bongo, right on the analog stick is right bongo. Whereas for the bongo it's what would be B and A on the controller.

I can't simply map it to be the same as the controller, because in the game both bongos together is jump, but you cant go L and R with the controller simultaneously, so jump is a single button with the controller.

The trick must be to make Dolphin understand there is a bongo plugged in (if I'm right about the problem). I can't seem to find a selector, so I assume with a real Gamecube it would just know, and with Dolphin it seemingly doesn't.

This is why I initially suggested a pull-down selection for bongo controller, but I haven't gotten a reply on that. Maybe there's another solution, though. Or maybe I'm wrong about this.
Yup you are correct then, its just like I was explaining. Best to hope the njoy author chimes in here. I have not seen him around for a bit. If it is of great concern I can consider watching for Y=254 when the GC is plugged in , and have it remap for bongos, buts its always best to let things work the way the console does it.