Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: game throttles to about 33%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ninvus

I jut got Dolphin working. It took me a long time to get wind waker ISO which is what I got it for but I finally got it yaaaay Smile
So at first I was using an old copy of dolphin I downloaded when I got my computer last June I think and the game was running pretty badly. I downloaded the newest version and it was running better at first, but now every time I try to play it it automatically runs at 33% speed. Even on the games menus where it used to run perfectly it's running very slow now with the music slowed down too. I played around with the settings and tried redownloading dolphin but nothing's worked.

My system specs if that helps:

2.10 Ghz AMD athlon dual core
3GB RAM
ati radeon mobility hd4200 graphics card

Edit: I use Visualboy Advance the gameboy advance emulator a lot and it has a set of "throttle" options to choose how fast the emulator attempts to run the game. Is there any option like this in dolphin?
Okay I just figured out what's causing it. It slows to 33% if I try to put a cap on the framerate and goes back to 70-100% when I removed the cap. Why is it doing this?
well... when you cap the frame rate the game should be limited to the frame rate
and would run a little slow
because its capped
at a low framerate

Ninvus

It normally runs at around 15 fps and 60-100% speed. I didn't know framerate was tied to speed. Okay thanks for the answer.