Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Dongle Frustrations!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SharpAimX

So 2 weeks ago I decided using this emulator with my official Wiimote, I found an old BT dongle in a box so I tried it out. Oh wait it doesn't work using windows stack because it's a Belkin F8T013xx1. So I tried using Bluesoleil, hurray it works! Oh but I get a message every 5 minutes telling me I have to activate then it drops my BT connections. So that didn't work... I searched the internet for 4 days looking for a way to get it to work but nothing, so I said forget it, let me just buy a new one.

So I went and bought an IOGear GBU421 which was the only BT dongle available at the store I went to locally. Same problem as the Belkin, sync's but buttons won't work on Dolphin. This is so frustrating, could someone please just point me in the direction of a guaranteed no hassle BT dongle that works with Dolphin? Or maybe some drivers that work with IOGear that I don't have to pay extra for? Thanks.

Using Windows 7 (x64)
try toshiba bluetooth stack. its a trial version but i think uninstalling it and reinstalling resets the trial. (havent tried it though)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026SKZO0
is what i have and ti works fine with toshiba stack. able to connect more than one wiimote to it as well.

retrogamestr

i bought one of those generic mini usb bluetooth dongles off ebay and it works fine, i got mine for $2.50
I have an IOGear GBU421 also and it works perfect on win7 x64. You do not need to use any 3rd party software for it to work. When you plug it in win should install the drivers for it automatically. Make sure you have "Real Wiimote" selected under the Wiimote settings in dolphin.
Hello use tbt
Bluesoleil alternative

CIAO

mdhb2

(03-25-2011, 01:36 PM)retrogamestr Wrote: [ -> ]i bought one of those generic mini usb bluetooth dongles off ebay and it works fine, i got mine for $2.50

Same here, i bought generic usb bluetooth dongle (brand-less) and it work like a charm, it cost lest than $2 in my local computer shop

just try your bluetooth on different machine/os, maybe the problem is on your system

SharpAimX

(03-25-2011, 01:45 PM)kickstand Wrote: [ -> ]I have an IOGear GBU421 also and it works perfect on win7 x64. You do not need to use any 3rd party software for it to work. When you plug it in win should install the drivers for it automatically. Make sure you have "Real Wiimote" selected under the Wiimote settings in dolphin.

Tried it multiple times, Dolphin detects the Wiimote, it pairs up, rumbles, 1 light is lit but none of the buttons work and game says there was a problem connecting with the Wiimote. I'll try again after I get back from work but this was a fresh install of Windows 7 so I don't understand what could be the problem. I will try it on my laptop next.

SharpAimX

Ok so I bought that cheap $2 amazon dongle. Installed the Toshiba stack from post #5. Nothing... Pairs up, dolphin sees it although when I press Pair Up it says my stack is not supported, only the Microsoft Bluetooth stack is supported which doesn't work with this dongle I bought. So it looks like my only alternative is to actually buy bluesoleil.