Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help! My GC memory card is corrupted!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After hours of playtime my memory card is saying it's corrupted. It only seems to have effected my US saves, but I'll be darned if I gotta play Zelda WW from the beginning.. It's just like the old Gamecube days all over again! Huh
(03-23-2011, 10:01 AM)Rozzdog Wrote: [ -> ]After hours of playtime my memory card is saying it's corrupted. It only seems to have effected my US saves, but I'll be darned if I gotta play Zelda WW from the beginning.. It's just like the old Gamecube days all over again! Huh

Looks like you're outta luck unless you have proper save states, then I would start a new game, load save state and save, otherwise there isn't much you can do Sad you could look for Zelda WW saves online, I did that to Zelda TP when the god damn game glitched up on me and I couldn't pick up the master sword..
Really? That sucks. What concerns me is what's to stop it happening again, I don't want to invest hours into a game to have to keep formatting the card. Also if the save state option is more reliable, is there a Hot key to enable it whilst in full screen? Thanks.
(03-23-2011, 10:23 AM)Rozzdog Wrote: [ -> ]Really? That sucks. What concerns me is what's to stop it happening again, I don't want to invest hours into a game to have to keep formatting the card. Also if the save state option is more reliable, is there a Hot key to enable it whilst in full screen? Thanks.

Load save state simply press your keys i.e. F1, F2 so on.

However of course, you must have saved a state simply by Shift + F1, F2 and so on. You can have more one save state because there are many slots (very good for experimenting with game play) but if I were you, to prevent this from happening, always save after every level and back up your memory card in your folder I believe it is in the your "Dolphin/User/GC/" folder, should be a memory card in there, if you're confused don't worry as soon as you trigger a save or a format successfully it should have a indication reading at the top left-hand corner of the emulator specifying exactly where it is saved.
Thanks a lot, I'll stick to that process in future. So gutted about this one, really don't want to have to wade through all those red coin challenges on Mario Sunshine again...... woe. C'est la vie.
it sounds like you are saving pal and ntsc games to the same memory card... which will corrupt it.
Generally, memory card is recommended over savestates, as savestates are unreliable. Now I've never had a memory card corrupt, so not sure what would have caused it. I doubt he saved both regions on one card, unless he renamed the card?
Sorry to dig this one up again, but strangely if I copy my 'corrupted' data file to my desktop, then delete the original file and 'drag'n'drop' the copied file back to my dolphin folder- it works again, all saves intact! Straaaange... Hope this proves useful to anyone else who comes across the same issue.
(03-24-2011, 10:41 PM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]it sounds like you are saving pal and ntsc games to the same memory card... which will corrupt it.

yeah that's it

(04-12-2011, 06:30 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-24-2011, 10:41 PM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]it sounds like you are saving pal and ntsc games to the same memory card... which will corrupt it.

yeah that's it
Err.. no I don't think that was it. At least, I checked my save my locations, and they seemed in the correct regions.
Pages: 1 2