Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: User-friendly LLE plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So is there going to be a "user-friendly" LLE sound plugin anytime soon so when you select it on the DSP and play whatever game it doesn't have any pop-up messages that says missing the two files?
If you don't have the files, it doesn't work, so why?
(03-23-2011, 07:53 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have the files, it doesn't work, so why?

Well many people have said that it's a pain in the ass setting up LLE so I figured a "user-friendly" or a dolphin reversion later on which will have development to implement the plugin for convenient use would be more favorable amongst users? Esp when the damn sound is kinda glitchy in some games like the ending on Zelda TP on HLE setting for GC as far I've experienced with that, has no epic background music.

Anyway, if you know how to get that LLE thing working, can you list the steps how to do it because - like I have mentioned and requested in the past- people haven't been helpful lately.
The problem is that bundling the required (copyrighted) DSP files with the emulator isn't a good/appropriate idea, as this would possibly cause copyright issues. Dumping these files from a real Gamecube/Wii using homebrew tools is (pretty much) the only appropriate way to be able to use LLE.

Anyway, once issue 4267 is fixed, the DSP LLE option will be greyed out if the DSP file dumps aren't present in the folder.

(03-23-2011, 08:02 AM)OpticxIllusionz Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, if you know how to get that LLE thing working, can you list the steps how to do it because - like I have mentioned and requested in the past- people haven't been helpful lately.
Well... This thread is stickied in this section: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=3823
(not a step-by-step guide, you'll have to homebrew-enable your GC/Wii first...)
Yeah can you explain how i get or enable the homebrew thing? Idk what that even means #iranoob
its called google, use it