Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin - 4 players - New Super Mario bros wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

rsjhon

Hello everybody, my first post here on the forum and I can tell you that I do not speak English very well, because I'm Brazilian and so I ask you ignore and excuse some grammatical errors. So is this, I wonder if anyone has managed to play new super mario bros with four people? A horrendous bug happens here. I can not get to play four people, only 3, when I set up the 4 controls, just not recognizing one of them and the others are with delayed response.

The controls are: a Wii Remote, a control x360, a common control and usb keyboard. I tried setting up these four, the one that was not recognized, ironically, the Wii Remote. The control was x360 as "player one" and it was super late commands, being impossible to play. I used the latest versions of dolphin, but all with the same bug.

Does anyone know anything about this? Could give a help.
Since now, I thank you.
which revision you using? ALWAYS say which revision you use
what's your computer spec? ALWAYS say your computer spec
what do you mean by "Wii Remote not recognised"?
did you set the input source to "Real Wiimote" and paired up the wiimote to your comp?
Ive played it 4 players with my 3 fiends,worked perfectly on cheap pc controllers.

rsjhon

Hi silverunivers, answering your questions:
The revisions that I used were r7302, 7344 and 7345.

The spec of my computer is: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8ghz, 3.2 gb ram, video card geforce 250 gts 512mb, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

The non-recognition of the Wii remote, it only happens when it is configured 4 players, up to 3 players usually recognizes the wii remote.
(03-26-2011, 01:09 AM)rsjhon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi silverunivers, answering your questions:

The spec of my computer is: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8ghz, 3.2 gb ram, video card geforce 250 gts 512mb, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

The non-recognition of the Wii remote, it only happens when it is configured 4 players, up to 3 players usually recognizes the wii remote.

Hi! First try to get the last rev (+-). Anyway I have the same problem with all games when i want play with more than 3 players (4 players xD). A game example is Super Smash Brawl or Mario Kart Wii.

The problem is reproducible and wiimote doesn't have the guilt... I think. If you try to configure FIRST the wiiremote and then the other gamepads you will have the fourth pad (whatever) won't work (and wiimote will work).

The most weird is in configuration menus. Dolphin detect everything but games doesn't detect pads/wiiremote/keyboards/fourth-pad. Too weird!

Someone can confirm this too? Thanks! ^^

PD: you can see how many "wiiremotes" have connected in games in wii menu (start button).
(03-28-2011, 03:04 AM)Bloodsucker Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2011, 01:09 AM)rsjhon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi silverunivers, answering your questions:

Hi! First try to get the last rev (+-). Anyway I have the same problem with all games when i want play with more than 3 players (4 players xD). A game example is Super Smash Brawl or Mario Kart Wii.

The problem is reproducible and wiimote doesn't have the guilt... I think. If you try to configure FIRST the wiiremote and then the other gamepads you will have the fourth pad (whatever) won't work (and wiimote will work).

The most weird is in configuration menus. Dolphin detect everything but games doesn't detect pads/wiiremote/keyboards/fourth-pad. Too weird!

Someone can confirm this too? Thanks! ^^

PD: you can see how many "wiiremotes" have connected in games in wii menu (start button).

I too have the same problem and I tested it out on my laptop a Sony Vaio VPCCW14FX and my desktop: windows 7 ultimate 64x, ATI HD 5850, 6.00 GB DDR3 ram, P6T SE mobo, intel core i7 930, an ssd drive and using a bluetooth dongle (cheap but still pretty good) I found on amazon.

The revisions I used were 7417, official 2.0, and a few others I think 7319 and 7416. Either way, I get the same error, 3 works perfectly fine. Once I add the 4th one and start dolphin, it will begin to drop the wiimotes, either 1 or 2 or 3 or all 4 sometimes or cause extreme lag 2-5 seconds.

Any help would be greatful T_T

rsjhon

I've tried various forms, must be the same bug of the emulator, you should not support 4 players from different gamepads, as in my case because I used 4 difenrents (wii remote, x360, standard gamepad and keyboard). I think this could be it.
Bloodsucker, I've done that too, tried everything to be able to recognize, but do not recognize.

If so how can we communicate the team's dolphin or someone to try to fix it?
try using r6505 to see if this isnt a problem with newer revisions
(03-30-2011, 12:39 AM)rsjhon Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried various forms, must be the same bug of the emulator, you should not support 4 players from different gamepads, as in my case because I used 4 difenrents (wii remote, x360, standard gamepad and keyboard). I think this could be it.
Bloodsucker, I've done that too, tried everything to be able to recognize, but do not recognize.

If so how can we communicate the team's dolphin or someone to try to fix it?

Thanks for the answer. But we can report it to bug tracker... maybe I will do it this night or add more information if there are any created.

Hopefully a developer read this.
I have such a weird problems with US version of NSMBW, the player 1 and player 2 controllers (XBOX controllers) are inverted, i really don't know why, but the "X/input/0/Controller" assigned to Wiimote 1 turns Wiimote 2, and "Xinput/1/Controller" turns wiimote 1. I messed up with Alt+F5/F6/F7/F8 all the way i can, inclusive in Wii Home. Spent all day connecting and DCing controllers, without success.

The only workaround that i found is play with EURO/PAL, and forcing 60fps to fluid gameplay. Gameplay is gonna be harder, you character you not respond your commands in perfect time, since you're playing in 60fps.

Wink
Pages: 1 2