Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario kart WFC ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 6106a7155308.png]

Smile Huh Is there a way to play mario kart online through dolphin emulator ?

Datawraith

The error code says that it's an illegal system. . . In other words, the server MAY have identified you as playing the game on your computer.

I'm probably not the best person to answer your question though. . . sorry.

Artho

Same probleme for me!
Is there a solution ?

Thx
No, you can't use WFC with an emulator and you never will be able to. Buy a Wii if you want to use WFC or use netplay.

Btw, it could technically be done just that Nintendo would be able identify and ban Dolphin from their network and it could cause potential legal issues for Dolphin. Just like you can expect not to be able to go online legally with a hacked PS3, you can expect not to go online with Dolphin and WFC either.

Online capabilities and WFC will never be implemented or work with Dolphin for the reasons above and other obvious reasons, only netplay is an option. You will see this is the same story with any other emulator, no online other than netplay.
1. No dev really cares about WFC emulation
2. You could pay a dev to implement WFC emulation
2a. This might upset other devs, since they do much more important work but don't get paid
2b. This might make BigN upset enough to sue Dolphin for... whatever
2c. What are you supporting anyway? Piracy. Gz.

Artho

Thx for all your answer!

(06-03-2011, 11:39 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a Wii if you want to use WFC or use netplay.

I allready have a wii but graphism are really better on dolphin...Blush