Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently got myself a new computer and I am a die-hard fan of No more heroes, but sadly I have yet to play it (Have watched the walkthroughs from start to finish atleast 3 times.)..
I bought myself a No more heroes cd, thinking that I could play it without a wiimote .. Well I found out that in the start of dolphin, the fps was pretty low (16-17 fps.) .. And then it said that I needed a Wiimote to play it..
As I have recently used a lot of money on different things, and I don't exactly have enough to throw around... I need to know if I can play ''No more heroes'' with about 25 fps if I tweak some settings?
My sys specs:
AMD Athalon x4 640
Radeon HD 5570 (A cheap one, but good enough for a casual gamer.)
3 GB Ram
Win XP SP2 32-bit (Win 7 costs a lot in the moment, so I will use my old XP for now.. And the performance is a lot better with DX9 on most of the games, though the visuals aren't too good..

Before I decide to buy a WIImote, I need to know if I can play no more heroes 1 and 2 if I tweak some setting, and maybe download a speedhack, with a playable speed without it .. And if the Wiimote is required at all? (Don't think that anyone minds saving some money. ^^)
I do plan on keeping the cd, as it clearly suits to sit next to my monitor. ^^