Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sonic colors Wii Dolphin 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JesusR44

Hello

I am running sonic colors wii on dolphin emulator and i only get speeds of 13 frps when playing but 40 fraps when the title screen shows.
Another thing that is happening is that whenever i use spikes the screen goes blank.
Any help?
what are your specs?

JesusR44

(03-22-2011, 09:01 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]what are your specs and what revision?

PC SPECS:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz

See pic for more info

REVISION : 2.0 (stable)

PS:
used to have vista but upgraded to 7
make sure you're using dx9 graphics, with efb to texture enabled. Your computer is a little slow though.
(03-22-2011, 09:07 AM)JesusR44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2011, 09:01 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]what are your specs and what revision?

PC SPECS:

See pic for more info

PS:

You not mentioned your graphics card or chip info.
However your processor speed is more than mine's but your RAM is half of mine's. However I've never seen anyone who have lower specs than mine(maybe I had the lowest) but I'm getting fullspeed but I have slowdowns in some events.

PS: However even if you have 4gb ram, 32 bit OS uses only 2GB of RAM.
(03-22-2011, 09:07 AM)JesusR44 Wrote: [ -> ]

PC SPECS:

See pic for more info

PS:

I had the same problem when I ran it on 2.0 but what is your graphic card?
Quote:However your processor speed is more than mine's but your RAM is half of mine's.

No it isn't. Clock speed != processing speed. Your T6500 is going to be faster than his athlon X2 in many games.

Quote:PS: However even if you have 4gb ram, 32 bit OS uses only 2GB of RAM.

Incorrect. A 32 bit OS uses 4GB of total memory, including video ram, caches, BIOS ROM, I/O, and other stuff. Usually about 3.25GB of main memory is usable in a system with 512MB of dedicated video ram. Turning in PAE will fix this issue by allowing a 32 bit OS to address up to 64GB of total memory, at the cost of some cpu performance.

The OP has an athlon X2, which is way too slow for running a cpu heavy game like sonic colors well, end of story. The OP needs to upgrade his cpu and/or system to achieve playable speeds. And that's assuming his GPU is good enough, and he still hasn't told us what GPU he is using.