Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Eternal Darkness Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

diasp0ra

Hey, this is my first thread here in this wonderful community. I must say that i am very impressed and happy to see such a thriving community, and I'm glad to be part of it Smile

I can play Eternal Darkness perfectly with dolphin, runs buttery smooth at 60fps in DX11 mode, yes there are some missing sound issues in cutscenes sometimes but otherwise I'm having a blast.

Now my problem is when i try to record, (with fraps). I record at 30 fps, that makes the game run as if in slow motion. Is there any way to make the game run at 30fps without looking so slow? Or did Eternal Darkness play at 60fps on the gamecube in origin?

If anyone knows a solution or a workaround for this i would be very grateful!

Thank you all in advance.

This is not about Eternal Darkness's speed running on Dolphin, it's about capture software running slow on your PC. Fraps kills speed on weaker PC's, maybe you should upgrade your hardware.

diasp0ra

(03-22-2011, 01:46 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]This is not about Eternal Darkness's speed running on Dolphin, it's about capture software running slow on your PC. Fraps kills speed on weaker PC's, maybe you should upgrade your hardware.

Sorry if i was not clear in my first post. I know fraps reduces your frames per second but even if i limit the FPS to 30 in Dolphin without having Fraps it goes in slow motion, not choppy, incredibly smooth but in slow motion. I just wanted to know if Eternal Darkness is native 60 fps on Gamecube which would explain why, or if it runs at 30fps.

If the latter, then i must have configured something wrong. That is all Smile