Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Vista laptop with intel graphics card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Fredrick Stanford

Hello everyone,

currently, I have dolphin installed on my vista laptop. All the requirements are met except for the graphics card which is an intel card that does not support open gl. I am still able to play games, however not at full speed. Is there any way to speed up Dolphin a little bit more? I am currently able to run games at about 40-47FPS.

P.S. I was also wondering if there was any way to change my laptop graphics card. I was thinking of upgrading to an Nvidia card.

Thanks for the help.Smile
would be great if you gave your computer spec and Dolphin revision so we could give a response...
and what games you're playing...
Sadly no. It's an integrated circuit (most likely XMA3100 or Intel GMA HD4500) on the motherboard so there is no way to replace it.

You would have to buy an entirely new laptop (or desktop).
Also it's not a graphics card, it's a gpu. Ask yourself, does it look like a card?

Fredrick Stanford

Aww man. If it helps at all, I have listed my specs below:

Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16 GHz 2.17 GHz
Memory(RAM): 3.00 GB
GPU: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Chipset Family Rev. 7
System Type: 32 bit Operating System

A fine laptop with a horible GPU! Sad

Silveruniverse, I am trying to run New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which I own a legal copy of.

Is there any other way to speed up the game play of Dolphin just a little bit? I really want to get the most out of Dolphin. I don't plan to over clock it because it already heats up while playing.

Thanks everybody.

Fredrick Stanford

I just though of something...

I have a 4GB Sandisk USB Stick. If I set the USB as RAM, would it speed up my preformance at all?
probly not. Dolphin takes far less than 700MB of RAM (depends on the game), adding more RAM may increase your comp in general but not specifically Dolphin. you need a more powerful GPU

Fredrick Stanford

Okay thanks a lot. I was able to figure it out by disabling the XMB and changing the frame skip to 1. Now, I get close to full speed without choppy gameplay. Thanks everyone.

Just one more thing... how can I set up 3D gameplay? When I check the 3D Rendering checkbox, all it does is put it the game in fullscreen without the blue and red.