Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What a disapointment!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found a thread that dated back from 2009 stating that people had problems using the xbox 360 controller.

I'm totally unimpressed. I have the latest version of dolphin and still get the same problems. As for controller presets I should be able to save them. I almost stopped playing my games because I have to figure out the controls for each one every time.

You'd think that people who can make the latest system run so well would also work on the minor flaws that make this emulator crap. It's the difference between me supporting the dolphin community and me hating the whole thing and begging for a newer better software to come.
this is the second post where i've seen you complain about something...

if you think Dolphin is missing something then why don't you fix it yourself?
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=14934

You have a problem working with it or do you have a problem saving the config?

Make sure you type in the profile name in the box on the controller pad screen when you save, this will give you the ability to load it next time.

@SilverUniverse

Personally if I had a penny for every time an established member or a knowledgeable dolphin user has said that to the new users in the SUPPORT FORUM I would be richer than god.
(03-21-2011, 06:42 AM)OpticxIllusionz Wrote: [ -> ]@SilverUniverse

Personally if I had a penny for every time an established member or a knowledgeable dolphin user has said that to the new users in the SUPPORT FORUM I would be richer than god.

Sorry bout that, I was gonna tell him to get more aquainted with the Search button but my mind was elsewhere :/
Use search button above before you post.
Anyway,what i know about this awesome emu is that it has fixes for everything.

ALL the controllers ive used worked flawlessly on emulator.
(03-21-2011, 06:37 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]this is the second post where i've seen you complain about something...

if you think Dolphin is missing something then why don't you fix it yourself?

What I mean is that this emulator seems to advanced for these small flaws. You'd think that something that can run a brand new game wouldn't run into small issues such as having problems with any controller. It gets very frustrating sometimes. It's pretty obvious that this emulator is really good besides that.
then play with your wii...
and enjoy 480p
(if you are using a xbox360 controller... there is a 50/50 that you dont own a wii...)
only a few games for the wii are working with the classic controller extension...
yeah dannzen.. what about just stfu Big Grin

Dolphin has got too few developers for fixing the "minor" stuff.. most of us just care to get the emulation work well and leave the "polishing" to others. However, we have no devs who focus on that kind of stuff..