Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Core 2 performance.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are my specs.

[Image: specsn.gif]

When running Super Smash Brothers I can usually get about 70-80% speed (with two characters), but Super Mario Sunshine can easily drop to 50%, and none of the tweaks I've tried can bring it down more than a few % without heavily sacrificing video quality.

I'm aware my C2D is one of the weaker ones, and I do plan on upgrading to a quad-core (or a higher-end C2D if that'd work better) eventually, but I'd like to know if overclocking would be any noticeable benefit.

I'm guessing the fact that I can hit 50% speed now means I'd need about double my current processing power to sustain playable framerates (and I'm aware that overclocking is generally a 5-15% boost at the most), but I've heard the C2Ds are remarkably OCable, and I decided to ask here if it's worth it, since you all know how the emulator works far more than I do.
yeah, your core 2's getting beaten down by dolphin.
If you plan to OC it then 3.0Ghz should be ok (i heard e6300 could reach 3.5-4.0Ghz)
The e6300 is good for overlocking but ram-speed must be fast, too.
If your ram has 666 mhz than cpu-max-speed is 2,33 ghz (666/2*7)
ram with 800 mhz means cpu-max-speed 2,8 ghz (800/2*7)

That's why i changed my e6300 to a e7500 with 2,93 ghz.
The CPU-speed is 65% higher and so are the framerates.
Try a ssse3 optimized build from lectrode here
you won't get much more speed but you will get some