Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Speed issues in SMG1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so im really stressed out now,i have tryed like 30 revisions till now and i cant get SMG to work properly.

My speed in game is over 100% same as VPS around 80-120 but my FPS is really low,around 25-30.

Ill add some screens so u can see what im talking about.

ps. My Rig is Athlon II 240 @ 3.2Ghz
2Gb Ram @ 900Mhz OC
XFX 5670HD 512mb
Quote:Athlon II 240 @ 3.2Ghz

Nothing you can do about that. Athlon IIs have no L3 cache and that causes them to suffer a serious loss of performance in some games.
Not only that, but isn't the Athlon II based on the original Phenom or AMD64 architecture? I think that makes them quite inefficient for CPU intensive emulation. SMG and SMG2 seem to require a lot of juice to emulate at decent speeds due to the amount of vertices that have to be rendered. Unless you have a Core i5/i7 it's near impossible to maintain full speed constantly and latest revisions seem to be a bit slower as well.
Quote:Not only that, but isn't the Athlon II based on the original Phenom or AMD64 architecture?
Athlon II is just a phenom II (deneb) with the L3 cache disabled.
Oh, well the Phenom II architecture isn't that powerful compared to the Core i5/i7 architecture anyways so 30 FPS - 35 FPS sounds about right for this game. Give or take about 5 - 15 FPS at most due to the lack of L3 cache.
(03-20-2011, 06:26 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Not only that, but isn't the Athlon II based on the original Phenom or AMD64 architecture?
Athlon II is just a phenom II (deneb) with the L3 cache disabled.

Actually its Regor core,tho i was playing like a week ago on same CPU SMG1 and in Observatory ive had around 45FPS constantly,in-game 50-60FPS,tho i had my CPU OC'd to 3.33Ghz back then.

My HDD passed out and ive lost all my data...now im stuck trying to get emulator back in shape but i just cant find good revision ive had before...

ps. Could anyone explain to me why am i having like INSANE speed but low FPS? I mean you can see the SS's,my speed is over 100%,same as VPS but Frames are the ones making problems?
Quote:Actually its Regor core,tho i was playing like a week ago on same CPU SMG1 and in Observatory ive had around 45FPS constantly,in-game 50-60FPS,tho i had my CPU OC'd to 3.33Ghz back then.

The only difference is whether the L3 cache is disabled after/during fabrication or if it's fabricated without one to begin with.

Quote:ps. Could anyone explain to me why am i having like INSANE speed but low FPS? I mean you can see the SS's,my speed is over 100%,same as VPS but Frames are the ones making problems?

You do not have insane speed since speed is linked to fps. More likely your revision is simply not reporting the correct values. Try running a recent revisions with vps limiting set to 60.
Could you give me a tip about what rev should i try?

Coz ive noticed a huge preformance loss in new revisions
6505 is a good revision for this game.
Quote:
(03-21-2011, 05:17 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]6505 is a good revision for this game.

Aight,cheers mate!

Anyway im running it on max speed at the moment (Just got 2nd Grand Star)on newest revision 7384 and game looks awesome,tho i had to Enable Frame Skipping to 1.

BUT i can play it now! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2