Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need your help with Dolphin EMU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, new to the forum and veteran Emulation junkie.
(ever since snex9x was first released, yayy woo *cough*)

Altight i have issues with Dolphin.

System Specs:
Athlon x2 5400+ @ 3.3ghz
2gb kingston hyperX 1066 5-5-5-15 memory @ 1100 5-4-5-10
Radeon 4670

I am having issues with dolphin while trying to emulate Tales of Symphonia.
The emulator is telling me "perfect" under the emulation column, and yet i cant seem to get past the beginning with the school.

(i get random lockups after dialogue)

I am also having speed issues. I did not have any sort of speed issues at all with WinXP (the game flew at 60fps~ constant with high-res and AA/AF maxed out.) I am not sure why vista would make such an impact on performance.

PCSX2 is a completely different emulator, i know, but PS2 emulation is a system resource hog, and yet i seem to get all of my PS2 games running at full speed in Vista, I just cant replicate this with my Gamecube games (i only own one, so Tales of Symphonia is the only game i am comfortable testing at this point)

I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions. I am going to try to duplicate my issue and take a screenshot of it, I will edit this post according to what happens.

Recap:
Speed issues (tales of symphonia)
Lockup after dialogue (tales of symphonia)

Thanks!

[Image: picture2.jpg]

It freezes right after this, nothing responds, FPS stops where it is (doesnt drop to 0, it just freezes)

Please help with the lockup issue, and my speed issue.
try using an SVN around 2900 cause TOS was fine with the odd random crash/lockup for me when i last played it, and although save states don't work 100% sometimes using them when the text locks up closing dolphin loading the save state allows you to get past the lock ups, doesn't always work though
Well it only took 6 hours but at least i got a response=)
I tried svn 2193, I'll try one closer to 2900.
I am hoping to get one that will net me a little more speed, because im not sure what happened but this game used to run very fast on my system.
For example: the opening dialogue where the guy is talking about the mana tree or whatever and its floating above the world. It plays around 35-40fps now, and it used to be constant 60fps.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but after i can get past the first couple of battles with the slime jellies i'll focus my efforts on speed.
I know sometime it cause issues but Enable Idle Skipping helps, the issue doesn't happen every time, so sometimes its worth enabling it
check your private messages Glurion