Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Harvest Moon: Magical Melody - Cheats doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried to use cheats in Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, just to see how it works, but it doesn't work at all. I've followed some guides, one at the time, about adding cheats to Dolphin, but none has worked. I've used GCNcrypt to decrypt the AR-codes and then add them to the cheat list, but it doesn't work either. I don't understand why it doesn't work. And yes, I've enabled cheats and all that stuff, but it still doesn't work. It doesn't matter if I use the Master code or not either. What's wrong? Normally I don't cheat in Harvest Moon games, and I don't want to do it now either. I just want to test how it works. Well, thanks in advance for your help!
I had just to register to help you out my friend.

In the last hours I been looking all over about this, first I got an error with the master code, cheats didn't work, tried entering them in decrypted an encrypted modes and nothing, not much info on the net unfortunately, I remembered the "if your cheats don't work" convert them onframe. I had already gave up honestly.

What is onframe codes: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-cheats-...rame_codes

So enter codes in your INI file below the line:

[OnFrame]#Add memory patches here.

It should look like this:
# G4AEE9 - HARVEST MOON - Magical Melody -
[EmuState]
EmulationStateId = 5
# !!!WARNING!!!
# Time Does NOT flow with current Release.
# !!!WARNING!!!
EmulationIssues =
[OnFrame]#Add memory patches here.
+$Max/ Infinite Money
0x04937B88:dword:0x000F423F
+$Infinite Stamina
0x04939730:dword:0x00000064

[Video]
Hack = -1
[ActionReplay]

I have already tested them and they work when you enter them like this.

Also read this faq:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube...1608/55750

It tells you of the consequences of using some codes, when you should enter them, for example DO NOT use the MONEY code from the beginning until you get the "poor magical note" since to get it it is required that you have almost no money, otherwise I guess one need to use the get all magical notes cheat.
Thanks a lot, my friend! I never got time to search for an solution on the internet myself, but you did it for me! Thanks a lot! It's really nive when someone really can help! Thanks a third time! I finally works! Wink
Looks like some cheats dont work even if yiu make them onframe: Villager and wild animals hearts being some of them
And the tool codes as well... My axe dissappeared when I tried to use one of the codes, and I can't get it back... Well, that's the consequences with cheating.