Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Brawl Dolphin 64bit save file/state request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Seinto

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 64 bits. I had games saved on Dolphin 32 bits (x86). It turns out that Dolphin 64 bits will crash if I try to copy a save file or a state from the 32 bit version. Does anyone have any solution to this?, or even better, can anyone post his or her Smash Brawl save/state for the 64 bit version? my email is hectorfuentes85 at hotm... I would appreciate if anyone could send it to me.. Thanks in advance.
Don't rely on savestates.
Native Wii saves will work on any Dolphin version on any OS. Copy those.

Seinto

(03-17-2011, 03:34 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't rely on savestates.
Native Wii saves will work on any Dolphin version on any OS. Copy those.

Yes, so thats my question now. I really had a hard time figurating out which file or files I am supposed to transfer from the old dolphin to the new one. My best guess was to copy the entire "user/wii" folder, but that didn't work, instead, now that crashes the emulator everytime I open it. I will download a fresh copy thats not a big deal, but again, how can I copy my old save files into a new dolphin version? Thank you so much for your time!.
Copying the entire User or User/Wii directory should work. I don't know why it would crash.
It's User/Wii/title .You overwritten the "sysconf" file that's why it didn't work

Seinto

(03-17-2011, 04:32 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]It's User/Wii/title .You overwritten the "sysconf" file that's why it didn't work

Thank you so much. I was really frustrated just to think that I had to start from scratch. Thanks!.