Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save file backup solution?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

So I have been playing Tales of Symphonia on the Dolphin emulator.

Having the .gcm files of the game takes a lot of space up on my HDD, so I wanted to create a back up copy in the case that my original game gets scratched or damaged (since Symphonia is a rare game, I want to keep it safe).

What I also wanted to do was include the save file on disk so that I can keep my character file. but I am having trouble locating the save file or the memory card file.

What is the best way to go about backing up my save file? is the only way to include all the dolphin files on disk as well?
Under User/GC/ there is a Memory Card file called either MemoryCardA.USA.raw or MemoryCardB.USA.raw if the game is NTSC/US and which slot you have used.

Backup everything in the GC folder and your saves will be safe.
(03-17-2011, 05:44 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Under User/GC/ there is a Memory Card file called either MemoryCardA.USA.raw or MemoryCardB.USA.raw if the game is NTSC/US and which slot you have used.

Backup everything in the GC folder and your saves will be safe.
ohhh, I saw those 2 files but wasn't sure if they were it. so I shall back up those 2 files with it. Thank you very much!

I presume that all I have to do is paste the same 2 files in the User/GC directory and my save files will be back?