Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: wiimote won't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cosmicjoke

hey all, just hoping for a bit of advice...

i have a 3rd party wiimote (the mini one from walmart w/ gizmodo quote 35% smaller, 35% better")

anyways, running win 7 64 bit (also have a mac running 10.6.6)

with the pc running one of the nightly builds, i had no ability whatsoever to get the wiimote to vibrate until downloading bluesoleil, which it now does every time i run a game or go into the wiimote settings and hit refresh.

however, on launching a game it will tell my that the wiimote has lost connection and to press A without moving the nunchuk yadda...

it's a lot more tweaky to get the controller to vibrate within os x on dolphin, but i can sometimes get it to do it by pressing the sync button by the batteries.... nonetheless, i get the same message when playing a game.

i've also tried the old RC2 build for windows, and i can't get the wiimote to even vibrate within that.

what gives? think i need a genuine wiimote?

is all a bit frustrating i guess. any help would be appreciated (have read through a bundle of threads and tried myriads of things though, so it seems like it might just not work).