Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Mouse support does not work at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Baman n Piderman

Ok, so self explanatory, I have tried the following things:

-A few different builds, from 6700 to the ones on the current download page (x64)
-Searching the forum for mouse, mouse pointer, ect, and there were no similar problems that got resolved.
-Playing super smash brothers brawl.
-Have a nvidea 460m graphics card set to 1080p in dolphin.
-The game works fine using keyboard inputs
-Cannot use my mouse using any of a few settings in the controller plugin, tried: Disabling Gamecube controllers, Disabling right left up and down controlls so only ir is enabled, changing from axis to cursor mode, cusor dissapear checked on and off... nothing. MAde sure i was fiddling with the right controller, made sure i turned it from real to emulation wiimote...

So frustrated. What should I try next, and what info can i provide o help someone solve this problem? I can give screenshots of the setups, reinstall dolphin, ect. but I really want to get brawl working, so I don't want to change games.
emulated wii mote via mouse is completely uncalibrated.

Baman n Piderman

(03-16-2011, 12:29 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]emulated wii mote via mouse is completely uncalibrated.

Ok, so I go into the plugin and readjusted the ir sensitivity as well, and made sure the litle red dot was moving properly. dos it need to be moving inside the little box for it to pick up the mouse? I'll try that next I suppose, and Edit this post with results.

And, I adjusted it, and no luck.
it generally considers the entire lister window or emulation window the cursor range.

however, even when the red dot appears to be working correctly, the cursor's relative position to the mouse pointer is completely off.

Baman n Piderman

so.... how do i fix this? and how would I know if this was my problem>
Well I hate to sound like a dick to a well established member here, but I'm going to say that that isnt the problem, or i am not correctly calibrating it. I first tried playing with the center horizontal and vertical numbers for a bit, no effect. Then tried seeing if i could get it to appear at all by ramping up the movement sensitivity and moving my cursor all over the screen to see if i could get the little hand to show up anywhere, and did a thorough search that way, no luck. I will attach a screenshot of my open plugin to get feedback. It will be set back to getting it to stay in the red ir box i guess.
smash brothers doesn't use the cursor :|

Baman n Piderman

(03-16-2011, 07:27 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]smash brothers doesn't use the cursor :|

Haha wow. umm... wow i feel foolish. At least I learned how to set up mouse inputs hah.... wow i feel dumb....