Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Having odd issues with Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Eh what memory leak with Catalyst 9.5 and dolphin I haven't being having any problems.
If there is a real issue with it you should submit the issue on the Dolphin emu Google code page.
It doesn't error or anything but Dolphin maxed out my CPU usage every time I ran a game after updating to the 9.5 Catalyst software... would there be a way to form a detailed report about what is happening when that occurs via some debug script for Dolphin or something?
Doesn't happen with me.
(05-28-2009, 03:29 PM)SpartanG01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2009, 01:49 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]64-bit is the fastest in most cases, but not by much over the 32-bit and 32-bit JITIL builds. Whoever said that the 64-bit build has trouble running games over the 32-bit build, lets just say I usually run nothing but the 64-bit build of Dolphin and have no issues over the 32-bit build of Dolphin.

For the most part the issues that exist on the 64-bit build also exist on the 32-bit build and vice-versa.

Also do not upgrade to catalyst 9.5, I've been hearing it has severe memory leaks with Dolphin, and causes Dolphin to crash after 10 - 20 minutes of playing.

That whole understanding of 64bit vs 32bit is actually a myth. The only true difference is the level of bit width of the processor registers. 64 bits per integer vs 32 bits. There really isn't a speed difference by design. The only difference is how the operating system reserves address space for it self. Since each integer at each address in a 32bit system is only 32 bits wide effectively the operating system has to store it self in the virtual memory across twice as much space where as you don't see this problem in 64 bit architectures, this doesn't always mean a speed increase through ram though. Having more ram available at any given time any makes a difference if your computer is using it. Usually it's said that a true difference in processing speeds is only seen if you have more than 4GB of ram on board.. this is and isn't true sometimes really it depends on the processor and a host of other things but 64 bit vs 32 bit doesn't always mean higher speeds especially if you dealing with rather mundane processes.

That being said I can personally attest to the problem Catalyst 9.5 has with Dolphin. Don't download it lol.

YeAH RIGHT ! don't download ati official driver , its a virus like dolphin lol ^^
Pages: 1 2