Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamepad control issue on dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there I registered specifically to solve this problem because it irks me so much.

So I got no more heroes awhile ago and it works fine (rarely freezes or anything and is usually at least 80% speed) but there is something wierd with the controls where you go into this death blow mode where you need to swing the wii remote in a certain direction to be able to kill your enemy.

The problem is that only TWO of the FOUR directions I need to swing in work. It works when I need to swing right or left but the right and down swings do not work.

For the emulator I use my ps3 contoller and a program called motioninjoy. And they seem to interface fine where all the buttons and analog sticks register and I set the dolphin emulator to register my right analog stick movements as wiimote swings

heres a picture of my controller set up [Image: stuff-1.png]

I didn't take a picture of the nunchuk setup because all the nunchuk controls work fine its the wiimote swing that doesnt work.

So yeah, sorry for making a huge speech about it but can anyone help me out? it's really annoying to play this game without being able to do all the directional swings for deathblows.

(btw before anyone suggests it I know i have the wiimote swings set with the same controls as the IR section. and other stuff and ive already tried clearing all that stuff and having it set ONLY for the wiimote swings and that hasnt helped)
errr bump?
How come you need motioninjoy for the emulator? I thought that the program can detect the six axis?
Have you tried using GlovePIE?
it doesnt seem so cause the controller is labled as a motioninjoy game pad and the problem isnt with picking it up since on the little ballibration window i can see the dot moving according to the movement of my right analog stick (which is what i used for the wiimote swing) but it just doesnt register on the game.

And i could not make any sense of glove pie at all.
I think you're not the only one with issues where it works correctly in the settings window, and then it doesn't work in the real game. I can only suggest to try a different revision (I'm using R6970 x86 built by Lectrode), and I haven't had a problem with it so far.
hmn well what revision would you suggest? im r7337 which is the first one i saw on the download page of the site. Not sure if i wanna try versions lower down and amde by other people cause other versions seem to run no more heroes really slow.
(03-15-2011, 11:00 AM)parasite64 Wrote: [ -> ](I'm using R6970 x86 built by Lectrode)

It's sometimes better to use an older version, as it's possible that a newer revision breaks certain games. What's wrong with using a version compiled by someone else?
I suppose I will give it a shot.

And I have tried another version made by another person and i got a dll error and then when i fixed that error it still wouldnt run at all. So I just dont wanna end up doing that work and having it be fruitless like that.

but okay ill give that version a try. Thanks for the help.
hate to double post but I have tried this lectrode build you suggested and neither the 32-bit version nor the 64-bit version works for me.

The 64 bit gives me the "this application cannot start because of a (000000000000x07v) or something like that error.

And the 32 bit version constantly tells me i am missing openAL32 from my comp after I already installed it and restarted the computer several times.

any help? or should i jsut try and stay satisfied with the other version i had where two directions didnt work?
I'm guessing you're using Windows 7 32-bit?
Did you install OpenAL32 as an administrator? Did you run Dolphin as an administrator?
(03-16-2011, 07:39 AM)parasite64 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing you're using Windows 7 32-bit?
Did you install OpenAL32 as an administrator? Did you run Dolphin as an administrator?

Windows Dolphin no longer uses OpenAL.
Pages: 1 2