Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What a lie on the main page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Games are playable at HD quality, up to 1080p. This is a remarkable feature the actual Gamecube and Wii consoles are not capable of.
Let it be known that "WWE SmackDown VS. RAW 2011" published in HD. [Image: 2c2cf9a4cc1at.jpg] I'm not mistaken. It's pushing the title into the game in the ring, although in the title game in the menu on the title screen - the usual. What a lie on the main page?
Theres one way to find out. Rip the Game and look at the XFB size the game requests. If its anywhere near 1080px in height, it might work out.
But in general the Wii is designed to output 480i/p (or 576i); and until now there were no known cases that proved us otherwise.
That game even looks simple enough to actually achieve that; other titles that are more graphics intense would probably just surpass the limits of the hardware and end up stuttering or whatever.
(03-13-2011, 09:59 PM)Jack Frost Wrote: [ -> ]Theres one way to find out. Rip the Game and look at the XFB size the game requests. If its anywhere near 1080px in height, it might work out.
But in general the Wii is designed to output 480i/p (or 576i); and until now there were no known cases that proved us otherwise.
That game even looks simple enough to actually achieve that; other titles that are more graphics intense would probably just surpass the limits of the hardware and end up stuttering or whatever.
You better explain this postscript HD, which is not in the version for PS2. This is a non-HD shows?
No, the wii does not output hd resolutions.
The Wii's cables can only do 480P, (and those are special bought). So even if they made a shallow game that could be rendered in HD, they wouldn't get that signal to your TV.
negative, composite video has no limitations on interlacing or progressive, and can do both 480p(NTSC/PAL60) and 576p(PAL50)

the component cables just improve sharpness and colour quality by seperating the Luminance(y) and Chrominance 1(pb) and 2(pr) channels.
Really? But I can't set my Wii to 480p without the component cables
thats a limitation of the wii itself.
OK, I'll just refrain from asking why they would disallow you that.
(03-13-2011, 11:51 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]No, the wii does not output hd resolutions.

So true, and it sucks.

The PS3 and XBOX 360 do this, Wii should have too.
Hopefully at least the next console should get HD resolutions and a HDMI port.

Pages: 1 2