Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is it really better than the older version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey guys i love all the work you do but just downloaded your newest version and i noticed that some games that worked on the 3089 version don't work as well on the newer 3286 version. i used all the same config and everything but they still dont work. mainly pokemon BR. WHY IS THIS? i thought that they were meant to get better as you go on

Veeeight

Yupp, that's true. New revisions are lot slower than older ones, it's about 20 fps less than month ago and none of annoying bugs in most popular games were fixed so I'm curious what is going on too. Wink
I would like to ask the same question :p
i wish they would just work on compatability for a change, it would make a lot more ppl a lot more happy dont ya think
Often, fixing bugs and adding more features and compability will reduce the speed. So it have to be optimized again and again... in the long run, working with speed is not the smartest thing to begin with for an emulator, whether you like it or not.
but its not just the speed thats the problem though is it
So can I remove useless features and make it faster that way?
I only want to play games alone using Dolphin with a nice graphic and I can control the emulation speed, that is my definition of a great emulator.
i think thats what we all want. but apperently thats not going to happen any time soon ll
Just use the older version then. When I said features I don't mean features like the SD image or netplay, bugfixes and code to make more games compatible could decrease speed of other games. It wouldn't be possible to advance the development without letting speed didn't go up and down during development.
yeah thats true. so all we got left to do is mess around with the config to acheive the best result we can?
Pages: 1 2