Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Question about my Hardware an Mario Kart.
The Speed is only 60-70%. Why does the Game dont run with 100%?
My Hardware is a Intel Pentium Q6700 with Quad Core 2,66 GHz. 4 Gb RAM (DDR2 800mhz) and a 4870 Radeon with 1GB. windows XP. My Settings are like this http://www.dolphin-emu.org/configuration...ml?lang=de.
What is wrong?
Because your PC is too slow...
You should be getting better fps than that in the main game even with that rig. What Dolphin revision are you using? If it helps you and if you like, play the time trials, it's much faster.

SkuldOMG

Make sure to always use the latest Dolphin version! Also turn off your Antivir, that helped me a lot.
Thanks for the Answers. I have the newest revision. What do you mean is too slow on my PC? Is 2,66 Ghz not enough?
(03-13-2011, 08:06 PM)satrocker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the Answers. I have the newest revision. What do you mean is too slow on my PC? Is 2,66 Ghz not enough?
Yup, overclock it ! 3Ghz is enough to get fullspeed .Quad core and dual core are just the same performance on dolphin (quad core is only 10% faster than dualcore if you're using LLE plugin)
Quote:3Ghz is enough to get fullspeed

Are you sure that this is enough? My CPU is running at that clock rate but I only get 35 to 40 FPS?!?
Try old rev 6000-6500 .If you still not getting near fullspeed then OC higher
Well,it run fullspeed on my old Pentium E5300 @ 3.5Ghz = Core 2 Duo / Quad Core @ 3.2Ghz
OC won't kill your CPU as long as you don't go overboard (about 30% OC),my CPU is still as good as new
I found out that I get a drop in FPS when Maximizing the emulator window, instead of using fullscreen mode. Does it mean that my GPU is to slow for higher resolutions?

Is it possible to use a software to overclock Core2Duo in Windows?
Pages: 1 2